173     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 288     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not telling you how to handle it, Jimmi. But, like you say, if it was a gag, allowing a little time ( 24 hours? ) would give the prankster a chance to straighten it out before security and higher ups get involved.

It isn't cool and its too bad someone might get in trouble but they should have thought of that before...

No cameras in our area but there are in the hall and elevator. Security conducts an investigation and puts dots together. Another reason it's not a coworker playing gag is they all say to file a report. Would feel like a pussy filing a report though but am curious about who the culprit is!

JimmiT, don't make me put my Mama Bear hat on and come down there and do this for you. I so admire your conscience, integrity and insight and if this is some loser's attempt at intimidating you well then all he's manage to accomplish is to piss off a bunch of your virtual supporters. Who are actually real people

Following up is not being a pussy, it's about letting people know that stupid underhand tactics don't fly.

I had a friend in college whose girlfriend shrieked loudly during sex.

One day we wrote elaborate exasperated notes purporting to be from dorm neighbours complaining about the noise night-after-night, thinking they would see through it immediately.

They didn't.

They wrote back apologizing to everyone. I'm still surprised he didn't punch me when I told him.

"Hi Security? Yeah, I found a dubious message on my desk. I believe it was put there after hours. Can I meet with you to explain? OK thanks, see you then.
Pretty simple, and the correct thing to do considering all of the coinky dinks that happen in the RoFo shit vortex.

*wishful thinking alert*

JT files report w/ security. Security follows up, dot-connects the note to the Rat or McKnuckle or ??? and the added pressure forces the perp to flip on RoFo. Dominos all the way up to MoFo, BAM! no mo FoFam.

Dr. Steven Melemis...

Interesting coincidence; I had a counselling session (alcohol; I'mnotperfectmaybeyouare) this past Tuesday afternoon, and I was handed this gentleman's card. I was told not to contact him unless I was serious. Miss one appointment, and you're blacklisted.

I had a friend in college whose girlfriend shrieked loudly during sex.

One day we wrote elaborate exasperated notes purporting to be from dorm neighbours complaining about the noise night-after-night, thinking they would see through it immediately.

They didn't.

They wrote back apologizing to everyone. I'm still surprised he didn't punch me when I told him.

Ha! This would have been me. :D
View attachment 26839

How would you even go about filing a report? I mean, can you say that someone left a note with your internet username on your desk?

Weird stuff though. That would wig me out a bit for sure.

If it's supposed to be a secure area, and someone with knowledge of JT's life outside of work has put a note on his desk, something that none of his workmates say they did, it could be a security risk. Security would be interested in dealing with that, I'd have thought, to cover their own backs in case something else happened if no other reason.

But, I have also read this:

"Some public relations professionals have argued against the use of no comment, stating that one of the goals of working with the press is to resolve issues before they become hot topics. Offering no comment allows the press to fill in the blanks, diverts the focus of the publicity, and sacrifices an opportunity to communicate key messages."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_comment

That may be true for public relations professionals, but that's not what we as lawyers are supposed to be. We're not supposed to communicate key messages. We're supposed to do our utmost to protect our client's confidentiality and their legal interests.

OPP still in Ford's pocket, the shitbags:

@jpags: OPP now clarifying to say after investigation, LeeAnne McRobb was in legal possession of Escalade. Won't say if it's Ford's.

That may be true for public relations professionals, but that's not what we as lawyers are supposed to be. We're not supposed to communicate key messages. We're supposed to do our utmost to protect our client's confidentiality and their legal interests.

Sorry, whatthe. I didn't know you were a lawyer.

You wouldn't have needed a glass. Ear protectors, maybe. The worst part of it was she never seemed to come, just shrieked over and over and over and over and over again with no sense of progression.

Maybe she was just faking it for the guy? Maybe mentally going over her grocery shopping list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back