1.2K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's clear, though, is that Doug Ford is utterly unfit to hold elected office, or to run a mayoral campaign. (As if we didn't already know.) There is no plausible scenario in which he hasn't made things significantly worse for everybody connected to this story, and lots of plausible scenarios in which a decent city councillor could have made things better.

The man is a menace. I am more hoping that these comments are hammering the nail on the coffin of this political dynasty.

Those poor kids better not suffer because of this unfeeling oaf.

I wonder how much the houses on RoFo's street have depreciated....

Or, for that matter, DoFo's street--y'know, living next door to a monster with multiple obnoxious monster vehicles in the driveway. (After all, one of the reasons that certain suburbs have sought to ban basement apartments is the "eyesore effect" of multiple vehicles in front)

Last edited:
LMAO

"Exclusive video of Doug Ford&supporters rallying against Griffin Autistic Centre"
https://twitter.com/calgarykiaguy/status/468223301983039489

Quick points: (1) Twitter person is not me--not surprising that in a Canadian city of 1.2 million, more than a few are freaked out by the Ford horror-show; (2) really good clip, but LMAO is far from my emotional reaction, which is mostly dismay about how much a clip from a 83-year-old movie has to say about municipal politics in a city that ought to do far better.

From reading the article, I got the sense that these people don't really know what it means to be neighbourly. They are probably scared of everyone and everything outside their doors, and that is why they don't want the centre in their 'hood.

Everything and everything? Quit being so hyperbolic.

Let's talk reality here, shall we?

For all you know, they could be LOVELY people, who are TRULY sick of being terrorized in their own neighbourhood.

I was one of those kids who bounced around from troubled home to troubled home while growing up.

Looking back, I feel bad for my former neighbours/neighbourhoods, because I often put them through a great deal of trouble. I was a punk!

Do you know anyone on Jeffcoat Drive? Does anyone here? Because, I don't.

NO ONE really wants *their* house to be the house beside a house like this, so I think it's best to hold back judgement.

I thoroughly dislike Doug Ford, but it really seems like he's speaking for many of the residents on this particular street.

Do folks who've lived on that street deserve to be upset/made uncomfortable because of what's going on there? No, they don't. This seems like a genuine issue.

I once lived at 10 Maynard Ave. in South Parkdale, right beside one of those homes casita mentioned. The rooming house was dirty, noisy. I gather it wasn't everyone's cup of tea. I get that. Apparently, some of you don't.

Sometimes ... it really doesn't have anything to do with your dislike for the Ford's, and there's much more to it than you might otherwise think/believe.

Last edited:
Last edited:
From reddit (just offering someone who seems to have a local perspective):

[–]dsac 6 points an hour ago
I live within 100m of this place (as the crow flies), and drive by it every M-F to drop off my kid at school.
This story was the first I'd heard of it, and I can say with 100% confidence that the neighbourhood is not negatively affected by its presence.

That sounds so bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back