1.4K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth repeating. Ari Goldkind's apt description of the failed Ford campaign, so far:

I think Doug Ford would have liked for people to call him a self-made man. I think the energy and focus that he puts into the work of managing his brother’s mayoral career and campaign is a feeble attempt at self-legitimization, as if to say, “Look, I did this. I can do something.â€

He wears tailored suits. His image, though severe, is impeccable, and he has tried to train his sweaty, distractible Golden Child brother to keep up appearances. Ambition is written across his face, but true success has evaded him.

The April 17 launch was a failure. His ambition sought out an over-large hall, in which acres of empty tables surrounded an ill-conceived prop. An impotent wreck of a fire truck. Even the balloons wouldn’t fall. His stubborn refusal to delegate led to the loss of a crucial supporter database, and an embarrassing launch of an incomplete campaign website. His contempt for people smarter than him forces him to first ignore and deflect the media’s questions, and then rely instead upon a single lackey journalist as his media mouthpiece.

Doug is a failure desperately trying to hide his ineffectiveness inside the bluster of a bully. And the city of Toronto is his schoolyard.

Last edited:
Too bad that Rob (apparently) never uses a computer... he probably knows nothing about this. But I bet he'd actually love it. He's been the family screw-up for so long, while Doug is the "good son". I bet he'd enjoy it and being able to tease his brother. "Gee, Jones, I smoke crack and drive drunk for a year and people still love me. You managed to destroy us in one afternoon!" :D

"I want to thank my brother Doug for proving that he's the mean one of the family... I'm just the lovable drunk!"
https://twitter.com/RehabRobFord/status/468181537502924800

He wears tailored suits.

Does he though? Tailored as in the guys at Tip Top enlarge his pants a little bit, bring it up a little in the crotch? Sew in a pocket big enough to fit a mickey of Russian Prince?

He wears terrible suits. But then again, anything fashionable would look terrible on his frame.

Who knew that RoFo only needed to add a hat to look taller and make anything he wore into an 'outfit'.
3. Wear a Hat

Wearing a hat requires CONFIDENCE — and makes you look taller!

A hat is one of those great style tools that make almost anything into an “outfit.â€

By throwing a stylish hat on, you’re demonstrating that you went to more than the minimum effort when you got dressed. That automatically dispels any “fat = lazy†assumptions.

You also gain a little more vertical space with a hat, which can be nice for guys who are both solidly-built and short. The crown of the hat stretches your overall height a bit further, which helps “spread†your weight a little further
111rofo in hat.jpg

Attachments

• 111rofo in hat.jpg
    111rofo in hat.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 694
I don't know much about autism, but I understand there's only about 3-5 individuals in Griffen Centre. Is there no way Doug and a few constituents could just go in and get to know their new neighbours and the staff?

That maybe they are scared and confused in their new environment? Just say hello to them and be cheerful. It might go a long way.
Obviously I can't speak to that specific case, but no. Well probably not. Griffen treats some very serious cases. Their residents may be violent towards themselves or others. They may be so intensely introverted that they are unwilling or unable to communicate with strangers. Thing is ASD is a spectrum and thus affects each individual differently. I'm simplifying an unbelievably complex spectrum -one with which I know first hand.

I work in educational support and when we hear Griffen we know it's major. They do amazing work teaching their clients the skills they'll need for life: self care, emotional regulation, cooking, cleaning, banking. It was awesome last night seeing them get the support they richly deserve, but it's sad to see how little both sides understand about the spectrum.

Obviously I can't speak to that specific case, but no. Well probably not. Griffen treats some very serious cases. Their residents may be violent towards themselves or others. They may be so intensely introverted that they are unwilling or unable to communicate with strangers. Thing is ASD is a spectrum and thus affects each individual differently. I'm simplifying an unbelievably complex spectrum -one with which I know first hand.

I work in educational support and when we hear Griffen we know it's major. They do amazing work teaching their clients the skills they'll need for life: self care, emotional regulation, cooking, cleaning, banking. It was awesome last night seeing them get the support they richly deserve, but it's sad to see how little both sides understand about the spectrum.

Thanks, bitsmath! I would of course take any instructions for the care-givers. I didn't realise the situation was that serious.

Last edited:
greenestone staff say ford isn't there? and the security guards did what? fabricare staff have a gag order?

rob ford photo-ops cause viral fireworks as bala rehab site revealed

http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=18641

From linked article (sorry for screenshot, site wouldn't allow copy-paste of text) ...

Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 7.45.51 PM.jpg

WTF. "Manager" cannot comment on a man named Rob Ford, who he has not seen or does not exist.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 7.45.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 7.45.51 PM.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Doug was the one who didn't inform the residents. Apparently, the Griffin Centre met with DF a few times before it opened. (From the TStar article.) Yes, definitely he handled it terribly. If he had an ounce of sense, he could have handled it so that it didn't make the news at all.

I don't know that it is DF's job to inform residents of the area. Certainly the centre had a responsibility to inform and consult with community members and to ease the path for the opening of the centre.

Of course now that DF has gotten involved, it will be very difficult to ease community concerns and create a more welcoming atmosphere for the facility.

greenestone staff say ford isn't there? and the security guards did what? fabricare staff have a gag order?

rob ford photo-ops cause viral fireworks as bala rehab site revealed

http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=18641

That is the most ridiculous article I've ever read. However, makes the Star look better than 1010. If the Star knew he was there, they didn't publish it, and certainly didn't send reporters to check it out, whereas Rob's buttkissing newstalk1010 was interviewing people? The only media hounding Ford are the ones that he's been using for years to get his talking points out unquestioned.

Love this sentence though:
The embattled head of Ford Nation was taken to the cleaners....

ahahaha, love the imagery.
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/55014/origin-and-exact-meaning-of-taken-to-the-cleaners
Taken to the cleaners:
being tricked into something being pretty unprofitable for you (deal, duty or else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back