2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.3K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Star he can drink 40oz of liquor and hold it. That's actually one of the most shocking parts of the story to me. That requires a prolonged and consistent pattern of heavy alcohol use. There is no way his family wasn't aware.

He was in hospital for 4 days? That sounds like he may have suffered alcohol withdrawal syndrome. I can't think of any other reason why he'd need hospitalization. Did Rob have a withdrawal seizure? Does that count as a workout?
yeah, to me his level of alcohol tolerance would likely reflect a serious alcohol dependency. I'd seriously wonder at their ability to even detox him in a reasonable amount of time.

Don't click it, people. it's Warmington spinning a long-winded story about how he asked Doug all these questions, natch, but Doug wouldn't tell him and blah blah. The only relevant bits (and I use the term loosely) are Doug saying "I don't want to go back in the past," and Warmington ending with Doug being asked to take selfies by people saying they'll still vote for Rob.

People will wonder for years how this man ever got near public office, much less the mayoralty of this city. (It also makes me wonder if he was always been THIS screwed up or if he's gone off the rails with the pressure of being mayor etc.)

He was always this screwed up.

What surprises me is Toronto Police haven't managed one charge against this buffoon. Spousal abuse, impaired driving, procurement of narcotics etc, are they really on him looking at a bigger picture or is this just a hands off approach for someone in power?

MetroMan said, "Cops are going after the big fish in the pond. DUI evidence is cumulative."

People need to let the "Rob's not really in rehab" thing go. The CBC would have confirmed for themselves that they're dealing with a real doctor at a real facility even if they don't inform the public of the specifics. We've been trying to 'get' Rob for over three years now, in episodes ranging from calling a 911 operator a bitch to flipping some mother the bird to demanding a TTC bus transport his football team to grabbing Sarah Thomson's ass, and he's slipped away from any real repercussions on any of them. Whatever form his rehab takes we all know it's a hail-mary political maneuver made in reaction to getting caught in illegal activity once again.

I think you're mostly right. Rob is awful and ought to be beyond political redemption regardless of exactly what is and is not true about his rehab story.

However, Doug's credibility (not really a thing to UTers, I know) , and any notion that he is some sort of decent guy trying to help his flawed brother should be battered as hard as possible to the widest possible audience. The faster Doug disappears, the better.

Last edited:
MetroMan said, "Cops are going after the big fish in the pond. DUI evidence is cumulative."

MetroManTO lost me as a supporter when he used the word "Imminent".

Warmington made up the Ford story, just like he made up the police source saying Brazen 2 was over. I'm sure of it.

My wife was wondering this morning if "it was in the past, let's move on" could now be used as a defence for committing murder?

Smart, accurate, and gets to the point at lot faster than most of us around here! That would be a good question for Doug, if he decides to creep us all out by running for mayor.

I have no idea why Timmy would cover for him.

Timmy's are all independently owned. And, this particular Tim's was close to home. It's likely that Doug knows the owner (having lived there long enough to see the place open). It's just not credible to me unless verified by an independent 3rd party.

On CBC Doug said that Rob will be in rehab until he feels like he's ready to leave and get back to work. So take that for what it's worth.

And to reopen an earlier "possibility" I offered--wouldn't be surprised if "getting back to work" takes the form of his getting one of Doug Sr.'s guns and massacring his whole family before turning it on himself.

Yeah, I know we *shouldn't* be doing such speculation. But, at this point: might as well let it out--hey, whatever happens, happens...

If Rob was still meeting with Lisi and driving drunk and going on wild benders, no wonder Brazen 2 is ongoing. While it is frustrating to hear of more DUI's, it actually gives me hope that something big is in the pipeline.

If TPS truly had nothing, they would have seized upon what are likely many opportunities since around the steak Queen video to now to get him for DUIs, drug possession etc. Instead he has just been further and further incriminating himself, while Giroux and company let the evidence flow. This rehab stint probably gives Brazen 2 time to breathe and put the final dots together.

I am not a lawyer, much less an ON criminal lawyer, but that makes no sense at all to me. When, ever, has some alcoholic driver been tailed over and over but never been charged, with the goal of using the evidence for either a super-duper DUI case, or some more serious criminal case?

I'll believe it when I hear it from Jimmi T.

As much as I like and respect Jimmi T I doubt high level arrests are going to be leaked on here.

I was part of a Live Chat with Daniel Dale and he made a very good point that a lot of speculation by "insiders" is to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

I 'm sure Jimmi T is real and honest but having an ear inside a MAJOR investigation is unlikely, and Jimmi T has never intimated (to my knowledge) inside police workings.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jimmi T.

How are the Fords wealthier than me? I must be completely messed up. I can't even afford a telegraph lawyer, not to mention Hotmail LLB...and I actually work for a living. Rehab? Out of the question. I had to do that myself. A house? Can't afford one of those either.
We sure as hell aren't living in a meritocracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back