2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.6K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short of, like, serial killers, I've never seen anyone so obviously deranged and out of touch with reality.)

There are alot of people out there who have reached his level of insanity.

The difference is that he's not just some guy exhibiting signs of late-stage addiction, but one who has money and power being wildly enabled by everyone around him in order to shield him from consequences. These people include city councillors, drug dealers, police, lawyers, media, celebrities, citizens. We're also in an age where we have been privy to many details as they happen. It's grotesque to see where this has gone. If he wasn't such an inherent racist, misogynist jackass, I'd almost...almost...feel sympathy for him.

People need to let the "Rob's not really in rehab" thing go. The CBC would have confirmed for themselves that they're dealing with a real doctor at a real facility even if they don't inform the public of the specifics. We've been trying to 'get' Rob for over three years now, in episodes ranging from calling a 911 operator a bitch to flipping some mother the bird to demanding a TTC bus transport his football team to grabbing Sarah Thomson's ass, and he's slipped away from any real repercussions on any of them. Whatever form his rehab takes we all know it's a hail-mary political maneuver made in reaction to getting caught in illegal activity once again.

Doug tonight with no apology, of course.

ddale8 11:20pm via Web
Doug Ford on tonight's Star story: "It’s not good what they said happened but I don’t want to go back to the past."

According to the Star he can drink 40oz of liquor and hold it. That's actually one of the most shocking parts of the story to me. That requires a prolonged and consistent pattern of heavy alcohol use. There is no way his family wasn't aware.

He was in hospital for 4 days? That sounds like he may have suffered alcohol withdrawal syndrome. I can't think of any other reason why he'd need hospitalization. Did Rob have a withdrawal seizure? Does that count as a workout?

Doug Ford on tonight's Star story: "It’s not good what they said happened but I don’t want to go back to the past."

The lack of apology and refusal to say the actual words, ugh. But at least he seems really resigned and down right now, so that's something.

People need to let the "Rob's not really in rehab" thing go. The CBC would have confirmed for themselves that they're dealing with a real doctor at a real facility even if they don't inform the public of the specifics. We've been trying to 'get' Rob for over three years now, in episodes ranging from calling a 911 operator a bitch to flipping some mother the bird to demanding a TTC bus transport his football team to grabbing Sarah Thomson's ass, and he's slipped away from any real repercussions on any of them. Whatever form his rehab takes we all know it's a hail-mary political maneuver made in reaction to getting caught in illegal activity once again.

Mostly yes. But the Star story is 3 places so far, the Ceeb says just the one but. The truth is still out there. Likely somewhere between these two stories.

Don't click it, people. it's Warmington spinning a long-winded story about how he asked Doug all these questions, natch, but Doug wouldn't tell him and blah blah. The only relevant bits (and I use the term loosely) are Doug saying "I don't want to go back in the past," and Warmington ending with Doug being asked to take selfies by people saying they'll still vote for Rob.

People will wonder for years how this man ever got near public office, much less the mayoralty of this city. (It also makes me wonder if he was always been THIS screwed up or if he's gone off the rails with the pressure of being mayor etc.)

We live in hope. Calgary whilst (*ahem*)still not the Centre Of The Universe® is a fine city (I often miss it in weird ways). You're fortunate to watch this from afar. Because until October 27th this wound upon your former city is just gonna fester.

Fine city, I'd agree. Centre Of The Universe, not in our lifetime, unless you're a precocious 9-year-old. This town is not yet trying hard enough to imagine itself in a world trying to get away from fossil fuels. (Plus, Nenshi is great, but don't get me started on AB provincial politics or the AB contribution to federal politics.)

Sorry about the festering wound in T.O. It's serious, which is why I keep reading this thread and occasionally posting to it.

Last edited:

This is the kind of stuff that blows my mind and makes the think he is trolling us. If this is the narrative that they are going to cling to, then I'm at a loss for words. At least the majority of the, ahem, geniuses that fell for this Ford Mind Trick the first time are not likely to eat it this time.

My wife was wondering this morning if "it was in the past, let's move on" could now be used as a defence for committing murder?

Can we not just institute a process whereby the person who is posting the link to any Wormington story just cut and paste it to the board so we don't have to click on it?

I posted an utterly contemptible, crass, misogynistic photoshopped image of Rub with a caption that really did capture his true essence. I posted it on a Sunday morning after a Saturday night Ford bender where he mentioned to a passer by that was having his stag "it's the worst mistake of your life", he later told a heckler, "Your mother should have swallowed you" or something to that extent. I was taken to task for it, and I seriously was upset because it was TRUE to Rub Ford and his mindset, it's ugly, yes, but sometimes we need to get in the trenches to expose those who are contemptible. George Carlin would have done it better than me but I'm just a citizen.

Donovan's article doesn't surprise me in the least, I worked with assholes like this in senior management positions at a Foundry in Hamilton.

What surprises me is Toronto Police haven't managed one charge against this buffoon. Spousal abuse, impaired driving, procurement of narcotics etc, are they really on him looking at a bigger picture or is this just a hands off approach for someone in power?

I agree that Rob is probably in rehab of some sort (now, at least), but I also need to hear something more than "Someone identifying themselves as Rob Ford's doctor told us...." I need a name. It could have been frickin' Dr. Dre for all we know. "You'll have to take our word for it" just doesn't cut it in this case. I mean, I'm sure that scammy rehab resort in Muskoka has doctors willing to confirm that Ford is under their care, and if that's the case, it would effect my opinion on how seriously they're taking this. There are actually a lot of little clues in both the CBC report, and the quotes from Doug, that make me think this is still not totally on the level---"Rob will leave when he feels he's ready"? What kind of rehab lets the patients decide when they're ready?

As for the "We can't give any names because of the safety of the patients, blah blah blah..." that's a smokescreen. Look at any celebrity who's ever gone into rehab (when we actually knew they went into rehab) and that information is always out there. The Fords don't want the information out there in this case because they don't want people looking at it too closely. That's the bottom line.

According to the Star he can drink 40oz of liquor and hold it. That's actually one of the most shocking parts of the story to me. That requires a prolonged and consistent pattern of heavy alcohol use. There is no way his family wasn't aware.

He was in hospital for 4 days? That sounds like he may have suffered alcohol withdrawal syndrome. I can't think of any other reason why he'd need hospitalization. Did Rob have a withdrawal seizure? Does that count as a workout?

All of this just makes me think that Warmington made up that entire story of Ford saying rehab was "amazing" and like "football camp".

And the idea that Rob Ford stopped to change in a bathroom doesn't sound so out of the ordinary now. Perhaps on his way to the hospital - or on the way back to rehab, depending on the timeline. Anyone who is feeling crappy would not want to be wearing formal clothes and he could have insisted on stopping to change. I don't believe Tim Horton's or Doug on that account.

The lies and obfuscation are irritating. Between Warmington, and the Ford family, it's no wonder the default is to disbelieve anything they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back