News   May 07, 2024
 590     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 501     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, animatronic.

UT should move to something like XenForo. I work as a mod on a popular forum that uses XenForo and it is very easy to use and is very powerful. However, XenForo can get rather expensive, but UT can easily handle the donations, which can be set to monthly or annually.

Regardless of software, there should be a hard cap on the number of replies in a given thread.

My forum just switched from Vanilla. I wanted xenforo very very badly, my boss chose ubb. I hate it. We're doing what we can to customize it, but argh. Xenforo had everything we needed. It makes me a sad panda.

Heard that at the gym (Yeah, boring, I know. Should be listening to sumpin' pumpy prolly.). Anyway, towards the end, like 48:00 mark, a True Nayshunal calls in. She bilges the usual - "Rob Is Being Bullied By The Awful, Mean Press, He Cut The Graaaaavy, Lots of people get busted for "Whatever-it-was". Why do we only hear about Roooob?" kinda thing. and the host/guest seem momentarily gobsmacked. The Psychologist guy tries to right the ship and exercises the best sunny spin he can. IIRC, the last guy on is pretty good, though.

As I heard it (I was doing dishes) she started off on the bully theme, but then went on to say that Rob is a lousy mayor and shouldn't be in office. I should check again, but she seemed to be quite reasonable in the end, i.e. it's a shame to see someone treated badly, even if they suck and should step aside.

Ford Nation is MIA at the SUN

Just reading the article where Ford was complaining about the TPS sunshine list. The comment section is a sight to behold. I'd say it is 99% anti Ford, lambasting him for being a hypocrite, folding to the police union at the beginning of his term and/or reminding him of David Price's salary and the 5k pay bump he gave his staff to stay on. Incredible!

POOL'S CLOSED BUDDY

But if my cat picked a date, it would probably be adahhsghajfabsdi bcu44556aapkasdald;
d
Well, "Parker's Cat" is already on the list, she was just miffed that I got the date wrong. But if she's stuck at Apr 20, well, given RoFo's penchant for rolling back the rock and coming to life again after we have so often buried his political career, I'm sure that Easter is an entirely appropriate date.

POOL'S CLOSED BUDDY

But if my cat picked a date, it would probably be adahhsghajfabsdi bcu44556aapkasdald;
d

that doesn't seem fair given that this thread disappeared for a few hours. deadline should be extended, maybe to Saturday at noon.

that doesn't seem fair given that this thread disappeared for a few hours. deadline should be extended, maybe to Saturday at noon.

Fine then, enter MY cat for May 24! It would be apt!

Could have just taken like an hour to write a web service for people to enter their picks... Dammit, why didn't I think of that sooner?

if MetroMan is around, could we ask him to start the "part two" thread later today, after the revised pool deadline, if there is a revised pool deadline

would like to see this thread safe from further harm, now that (all of?) the lost posts have been recovered

Here is an interesting article - or at least the headline. (Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if I fail to check this thread every few hours I am hundreds of posts behind and usually don't read the entire history).

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...f_exaides_part_in_federal_kicback_scheme.html

Mayor Rob Ford unaware of ex-aide's part in federal kickback scheme

It seems that current LIBERAL deputy Mayor Norm Kelly's staff member was charged as a result of the giant Federal LIBERAL HRDC scandal, and the article has Ford in the title.

And people wonder why Ford supporters think that the Star has been unfair to him.

if MetroMan is around, could we ask him to start the "part two" thread later today, after the revised pool deadline, if there is a revised pool deadline

would like to see this thread safe from further harm, now that (all of?) the lost posts have been recovered
We are still missing the morning posts which is when all the (possible) accessory to murder / extortion speculation happened. Anyone still have that cached? Or remember what was said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back