2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.3K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and that is why I won't watch the show.
He could also have what is called wet brain.(Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome) The wet-brain person acts much like the Alzheimer’s victim with loss of recent memory, disorientation with regard to time and place, confusion and confabulation, or telling imagined and untrue experiences as truth. (BettyFord)

I think Doug, and maybe Randy, want Rob out of office as the more TPS looks into Rob they may start digging into the Deco business also. I would actually like to see Doug go down...he comes across as an angry, controlling ass.

Someone, on here I believe, said there should be background checks on anyone who wants to be in politics. I think it's time for that to happen too.

There are background checks for party politics. One of the main reasons Doug (or any Ford) is never going to do anything politically beyond a local level.

Someone, on here I believe, said there should be background checks on anyone who wants to be in politics. I think it's time for that to happen too.

Maybe there should also be literacy tests for people who want to vote. No way that could be abused....

There is a background check for politicians - it's called an election campaign. It's our own damn fault if we ignore the findings.

Maybe there should also be literacy tests for people who want to vote. No way that could be abused....

There is a background check for politicians - it's called an election campaign. It's our own damn fault if we ignore the findings.

There should be a skill-testing question at the top of every ballot.

It will be online here soon (tomorrow morning?): http://www.citytv.com/toronto/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/

It will be on sites like The Pirate Bay sooner.

It might be on YouTube and such even sooner, but not for long - copyright claims.

Should've caught it live with us, friend.

It will probably be posted up on Jimmy Kimmel's YouTube channel as well. The Kevin Spacey interview just got posted there in three parts, plus the Rob Ford Cameo from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxx4_9PHb8k

Just finished watching the show on the PVR. Ford was red like a lobster as usual (not helped by that fluorescent red tie he was wearing) and talking with his eyes closed a lot.

Was Fitz and the Tantrums bumped from tonight's episode due to the length of the Rob Ford interview? The show ended right after the interview with Gonzo, and there didn't seem to be a musical guest, even though it had been announced previously.

Am I the only one who just watched on regular old ABC (channel 18 on Rogers cable)? It's a basic cable channel. :confused:

Look at you all fancy with your cable. I get one channel, OTA, it's Global, and unless the weather is just right it cuts out all the time. Sucks living on the first floor facing north and not wanting to tithe the Rogers overlords.

I have a strong suspicion that someone's gonna be busy holding constituency meetings with a Russian Prince or two this week. And it'll have very little to do with potholes or Crimea.

I see your point and agree. It is up to us to investigate our politicians. I was thinking more in the line of , any charges, DUI, the record you get from the police if your volunteering etc. Rob was in council for ten years, didn't the other councilors ever stand up and speak out during his campaign. (Not from TO so didn't follow the campaign) I do remember seeing Rob after he won and thought, he seems kind of strange for TO...having a few alcoholic relatives I recognized 'that' look :(

Seemed to me that he got away with the same shit he's been getting away with since the last campaign. Responding to any criticism with unfocused eyes, chuckles and muttering, then plugging away at his totally unrelated talking points. It not being 60 Minutes or Charlie Rose or even the Daily Show, Kimmel gave him about as much as he could give him, and Ford slid through in his bubble of shamelessness and obliviousness. Saw a couple streeters on City News before it aired, and one of the audience members said something about him being an "alright guy who just likes to have a good time". But maybe if the tide turns here, as seen in a couple of the CTV Ford interviews of the last couple days, all the lazy media enablers who helped prop up the clown will suddenly realize that it's more fun to mock him and we'll finally see Ford fully in downward spiral. One misjudged yelp of enthusiasm took down Howard Dean. Certainly Ford has provided enough ammunition to fall a Russian army of Howard Deans. Please, get on with it. Finally make this guy and his f'd up family go away.

Rob was in council for ten years, didn't the other councilors ever stand up and speak out during his campaign

Councillors, media, everyone knew what he was about, and talked about it. Didn't change the outcome of the vote.

With regards to drugs and alcohol I don't think anyone made a big huff about that... and to be honest that's probably the least of my problems with Rob, that's just what gets the attention. He could smoke all the crack rocks he wants as long as they're ethically sourced and he *actually does his fucking job well*.

Was Fitz and the Tantrums bumped from tonight's episode due to the length of the Rob Ford interview? The show ended right after the interview with Gonzo, and there didn't seem to be a musical guest, even though it had been announced previously.

In the final seconds of the show Kimmel apologized for the bump, saying that they ran out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back