News   May 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.8K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BhguLQFCEAAsMsm.png

Neil Flagg does not seem to subscribe to the Comedy Network. Is it possibly be because he believes that Comedy Central is actually Commie Central to him? Or is it that every show on that channel is offensive to him (especially given that many conservatives are openly opposed to much of that channel's programming for its "liberal" use of shock value (pun intended)).

Last edited:
I find it bizarre that the Ford Bros cant get a new backdrop printed up for their YouTube show giving their family business

The games been going on for three years and three months, if not longer. Where have you been? And no offense, but you're not my friend, we've never met or corresponded.

Woosh...

It's too early to write the history before the final events have occurred.

How do you know we've never met?

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I can't help wondering why someone doesn't start a "Boycott Deco Labels" movement?

Surely the business must suffer from all the Ford brothers' antics? If Toronto wants rid of these two wouldn't it be advantageous to take the battle to their backyard?

Plus it could only help in cutting off the source of their "entitlement" and stem the flow of the blood feeding this tumour.

Deco deals with some pretty damn big clients. They're big ships to try and turn on a dime. They won't bother changing simply because the brother of Deco's CEO is an idiot. Remember, Randy's the one tending shop these days.

I mentioned this, as has Metroman. The general response from the board was that it's not really fair to the employees, etc. etc. (Obviously, I'm glossing over - but go back, people stated their reasons - many good ones - and the idea kinda fizzled). Although I still personally won't buy any products I know are labeled using Deco. I personally choose not to support the Ford family.

Although I still personally won't buy any products I know are labeled using Deco. I personally choose not to support the Ford family.

I have seldom if ever seen a label on a product saying which company printed the label - it is comparatively easy to organise a consumer boycott of an easily recognised company or brand but virtually impossible to do so where the company being boycotted is hidden and not really why one wants to buy the product. Any action against Deco could only succeed if you got their customers (i.e. other manufacturers) to boycott them.

DeltaMan... it has been mentioned before.

By MetroMan...

Weird

Actually my user name is inspired by MetroMan. I'm observing this from afar in Delta, BC (albeit a native of Leaside - back when it was more blue collar).

I'm hoping that the good people of Toronto will rise as one and defeat the scourge of the Fords. Listening to their mother speak, it is easy to see that their behaviour is a direct result of their upbringing.

If it take a village to raise a child, Toronto needs to send these two to their room without supper.

I mentioned this, as has Metroman. The general response from the board was that it's not really fair to the employees, etc. etc. (Obviously, I'm glossing over - but go back, people stated their reasons - many good ones - and the idea kinda fizzled). Although I still personally won't buy any products I know are labeled using Deco. I personally choose not to support the Ford family.

The idea was also floated on reddit around the same time (Nov 2013) with much the same result: some interesting discussion, some typical-of-reddit nonsense/trolling and some good reasons both to and not to boycott; result: nothing much happened.

I too would never knowingly support Deco.

I have seldom if ever seen a label on a product saying which company printed the label - it is comparatively easy to organise a consumer boycott of an easily recognised company or brand but virtually impossible to do so where the company being boycotted is hidden and not really why one wants to buy the product. Any action against Deco could only succeed if you got their customers (i.e. other manufacturers) to boycott them.

Excellent points. I'm heartened, however, how major companies and sport leagues weighed into the Arizona anti-gay bill debate. I'm hopeful there are companies of conscience out there that don't want to do business with these individuals.

Are the Fords criminals? Nothing proven, yet, but I wouldn't want to have the stain of association on me or my company if some criminal behaviour comes to light.

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I can't help wondering why someone doesn't start a "Boycott Deco Labels" movement?

Surely the business must suffer from all the Ford brothers' antics? If Toronto wants rid of these two wouldn't it be advantageous to take the battle to their backyard?

Plus it could only help in cutting off the source of their "entitlement" and stem the flow of the blood feeding this tumour.

NOBODY boycotts Deco......CAPICHE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back