1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 401     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford's Roadshow is now in Ottawa--free subways for Toronto, other municipalities can eat our dust.

ddale8 9:10am via Web
I want to build Sheppard, Finch, downtown relief subway lines, Ford says on funding request. None of them have been approved by council.

Those of you who can understand Italian, please google Pizzimenti Mammoliti and translate for the rest of us.

I did learn a Domenic Pizzimenti was sanctioned by the Mutual Fund Dealers Association and that a Domenic Pizzimenti operates a design business just north of Deco, a short hop away from the homes of Rob Ford, Dianne Ford and Lisi.

Another coincidence, the roster of this US college team has both an Agyemang and a Pizzimenti: http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/msoc/2013-14/boxscores/20130928_88li.xml

There's a 'Ndrangheta boss named Saro Mammoliti who surrendered to police in Italy about a week ago and who had been convicted of extortion, as well as a drug trafficker named Aurelio Mammoliti who surrendered in November ... not really seeing anything in Italian with Pizzimenti and Mammoliti linked to anything significant. Do you have a specific link?

Rob Ford's Roadshow is now in Ottawa--free subways for Toronto, other municipalities can eat our dust.

ddale8 9:10am via Web
I want to build Sheppard, Finch, downtown relief subway lines, Ford says on funding request. None of them have been approved by council.

He made the same comment regarding his Steak Queen rant that he made to Matt Lauer---"I've got a lot of Jamaican friends since childhood---we went out and had fun, I had a few drinks...". Implying that he was out with his old-time Jamaican friends, which is not the case. What a sleazy liar, and it's really annoying that no one calls him on this.

The reason RoFo would prefer to beg for money from the feds at the FCM is so he can say 'he' got it from the feds, not 'council' got it from the feds. Wouldn't it be funny if he was met with 'send us a formal request and report and we'll think about it.' Although he would spin that as 'yes'.

I just read that Ford will actually not be meeting with the feds, just attending the mayors' conference, so ... I'm not sure where getting subway funding from the feds would come into it, whether it's in the context of a formal meeting or, you know, exchanging envelopes at a gas station.

I don't read the Toronto press, haven't paid attention to council in years--

ddale8 9:23am via Web
"The Sheppard line hasn't been" rejected, Ford says. It was rejected in 2012 in favour of LRT.

Word is there's major friction between some Sun reporters and Warmington over Ford. Some of the more credible reporters the Sun has, like Pazzino, can't stand the way Joe fawns over Ford.

I don't know what Warmington's deal is. Is he a true believer in the Ford universe, an opportunist holding on to get quotes straight from Ford even as he's going down in flames, or just naïve?

Or is he just ... stupid? He wrote a bizarre rant a few years ago when it was announced that GO buses could use the shoulder as their own express lane on the DVP and where you might expect a more well-adjusted columnist to say something about shortening people's commutes, he spiralled out into full-on frothing about wage slavery and credit card debt. It was just utter nonsense.

Those of you who can understand Italian, please google Pizzimenti Mammoliti and translate for the rest of us.

I did learn a Domenic Pizzimenti was sanctioned by the Mutual Fund Dealers Association and that a Domenic Pizzimenti operates a design business just north of Deco, a short hop away from the homes of Rob Ford, Dianne Ford and Lisi.

Another coincidence, the roster of this US college team has both an Agyemang and a Pizzimenti: http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/msoc/2013-14/boxscores/20130928_88li.xml

I think you may have missed the more relevant connection involving the name Pizzimenti: http://torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/case/241

On Saturday February 2, 2002, at approximately 6:38 p.m., several 9-1-1 Emergency calls were received at the Communications Centre, regarding a shooting in the parking lot of the Commisso Bros. and Rocco Italian Bakery, located at 8 Kincort Street.

Personnel from No. 12 Division, Toronto Fire Services and Emergency Medical Services attended and located the victim lying dead in the parking lot.

Investigations conducted by members of the Homicide Squad have revealed that the deceased, who is the owner of the bakery, left the store for the evening and immediately entered his Alpha Romeo vehicle, which was parked in its usual spot, at the west side of the building.

Seconds later, a male suspect approached the car and shot the victim.
That was Franco Pizzimenti. I don't know if Serina Pizzimenti's dad is related, but it might be interesting to look into that possibility.

Love this shot. Nenshi looks like the kid at the front of the class ready to put his hand up. Ford looks like the kid who is moments away from being sent to the principal's office.

It's fun to see Ford have to sit there and try to remember to pay attention. Bet he's dying to escape to the bathroom for an hour or so.

BhaHKp3CIAAjeVR.jpg

https://twitter.com/chimaincalgary/status/438686630971314176

Love this shot. Nenshi looks like the kid at the front of the class ready to put his hand up. Ford looks like the kid who is moments away from being sent to the principal's office.

It's fun to see Ford have to sit there and try to remember to pay attention. Bet he's dying to escape to the bathroom for an hour or so.

BhaHKp3CIAAjeVR.jpg

And Nenshi brought his tablet/homework... Mayor Ford - just fridge magnets and business cards...

Do they allocate seating at the conference based on urban size or was it intentional? Because that photo is hilarious. Maybe Don Iveson can give Rob the LRT lowdown in snowy Edmonton?

BhaHKp3CIAAjeVR.jpg

Rob looks like he has his cheat notes in his hands.

I think you may have missed the more relevant connection involving the name Pizzimenti: http://torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/case/241

That was Franco Pizzimenti. I don't know if Serina Pizzimenti's dad is related, but it might be interesting to look into that possibility.

yeah, I saw the "mutual funds" thing but I was more interested in finding out if Franco was her grandpa or uncle or something. The son, Frank Jr, is a criminal defense lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back