News   May 10, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 12m
Mayor Rob Ford will hold some sort of media availability. @CP24 will have LIVE coverage. Waiting in front of Mayor's office to set up #Topoli

Expected to happen at 3:30. I wonder what this is all about.
I really wish the media would boycott this type of thing. He just wants the attention.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but It seems to me that the paedophilia statement from Robbie is word for word a duplicate of what he originally stated in the whole park boondoggle.

Advance transcript of Ford's 3:30 remarks:

"For anyone offended by their misinterpretation of my remarks, I regret you misinterpreted me. But when you go after my family, I am a family man, folks. I see red when you threaten my family. As a father, I'm telling you I just want my kids left alone. Which is why I've brought them with me here today. You want to debate me, I don't have a problem. I'm available at City Hall anytime. But no questions today. Thank you."

"For anyone offended by their misinterpretation of my remarks, I regret you misinterpreted me. But when you go after my family, I am a family man, folks. I see red when you threaten my family. As a father, I'm telling you I just want my kids left alone. Which is why I've brought them with me here today. You want to debate me, I don't have a problem. I'm available at City Hall anytime. But no questions today. Thank you."

LOL! That's probably a pretty accurate transcription of what his worship is likely to say :rolleyes:

Ford likes to remind us that the media outside his house scares the kids and makes them cry. But what about the dozens and dozens of times the cops were called to their house because of a domestic disturbance? They're cool with that?

Press Conference will be about the budget and Land Transfer tax.

Serious question: opponents of the LTT (Ford especially) use the common refrain that this tax hurts senior citizens.

But since you pay this tax when you BUY a home (I know, I’ve paid it three times), not when you SELL your home, and since very few seniors are active in the housing market, any idea of the basis for this claim?

I suppose those few empty nesters downsizing into a condo would get hit like the rest of us. But if a senior is living mortgage free, and with housing prices being what they are, most stand to make a substantial tax-free windfall on the sale of their principal residence. Meaning those few seniors in the housing market are likely MORE able to afford the LTT than the average homebuyer (especially first-time buyers, whom I do believe need a bigger break).

Thoughts anyone?

That's only half the statement:
"I wish I could take it back but I'm only human. I know for a fact other people at city hall have called people pedophiles but I'm not a rat. I'm sincerely sincerely so so so sorry and I wish I could do more - maybe you can but I can't - but I am going to the gym. 6 a.m., I'm there every day and I think the best thing I can do for Daniel Dale is lose 60 or 70 pounds and keep being the best mayor ever and saving him and everyone else in Toronto $1 billion, even though Daniel doesn't think I've saved that much, well, those are joe Penachetti's numbers so take it up with him. Subways, subways, subways!"

That's only half the statement:
"I wish I could take it back but I'm only human. I know for a fact other people at city hall have called people pedophiles but I'm not a rat. I'm sincerely sincerely so so so sorry and I wish I could do more - maybe you can but I can't - but I am going to the gym. 6 a.m., I'm there every day and I think the best thing I can do for Daniel Dale is lose 60 or 70 pounds and keep being the best mayor ever and saving him and everyone else in Toronto $1 billion, even though Daniel doesn't think I've saved that much, well, those are joe Penachetti's numbers so take it up with him. Subways, subways, subways!"

Rob, is that you? Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back