106     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 571     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 854     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has everyone not gone insane over this? Rob Ford diss track? It's amazing!

This line prevented me from clicking on it "You brought Toronto shame like the last Boston game!"....how did a Leaf loss in overtime in game 7 against a very strong Boston team bring the city shame?

From Twitter:

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba

Cllr John Parker: "Let's be candid: people don't just quit their employment with no new job to go to unless there is some good reason."

"You have to believe that something made it impossible for them to stay," says John Parker on Ford staff resignations.

AoD

This line prevented me from clicking on it "You brought Toronto shame like the last Boston game!"....how did a Leaf loss in overtime in game 7 against a very strong Boston team bring the city shame?

Obviously you missed the game. Toronto Was down 3-1 in the series. They won two games to tie the series. They were winning game 7 by a score of 4-1 with 11 minutes left. Boston tied the game by scoring three goals, and then won the game in overtime.

I don't share the sentiment because I don't take sports that seriously (and I'm a habs fan) - but that's the reason someone would say that.

No acknowledgement from Gawaker about reaching the $200K goal. Isn't that incredibly strange?? I suspect that Gawker is following the request of the seller to keep quiet on the story while they make the transaction as to not call attention to himself. Then later today or tomorrow Gawker puts the video on their front page. Waiting anxiously for word on this...

Obviously you missed the game. Toronto Was down 3-1 in the series. They won two games to tie the series. They were winning game 7 by a score of 4-1 with 11 minutes left. Boston tied the game by scoring three goals, and then won the game in overtime.

I don't share the sentiment because I don't take sports that seriously (and I'm a habs fan) - but that's the reason someone would say that.

Obviously I missed the game? No i didn't....whether you, or I, take sports seriously....how did that game bring "shame" to the city.

No acknowledgement from Gawaker about reaching the $200K goal. Isn't that incredibly strange?? I suspect that Gawker is following the request of the seller to keep quiet on the story while they make the transaction as to not call attention to himself. Then later today or tomorrow Gawker puts the video on their front page. Waiting anxiously for word on this...
Said they'll wait up to a month.

John Cook is apparently willing to wait a month for the video. I am under the impression that the price has gone up, i.e. dealer holding out for more, but that's just what I think.

If Robyn Doolittle says there are copies around (and she says that) then I will take it on faith that one will surface and we get the chance to see it.

Obviously I missed the game? No i didn't....whether you, or I, take sports seriously....how did that game bring "shame" to the city.

Ask people who really love the Leafs? I'm guessing it's because the team collapsed/choked/etc, after performing so strongly for so long. The "Toronto Stronger" sign brought more shame, in my opinion, but in the end it isn't that big of a deal.

John Cook was on Q a few minutes ago. It may not be on the website, but it was certainly discussed.

You speak with an air of authority that belies your incredibly unreliable & completely inaccurate proclamations. Ever think you should just maybe stop posting nonsense?

WRT Gawker waiting a month....perfect pretense to keep the media circus show going>more hits on gawker.com>more power to Cook>more ad revenue>chaching chaching.

*yawn*

Show me the video or I still support the mayor, for the time being.

John Cook was on KISS 92.5 this morning - he definitely acknowledged they were over the limit but he said they still weren't in contact with their source (not that he would say otherwise even if they were...)
He did say they would wait about a month before giving up... and was pretty vague about what charity they'd give it to if they didn't get the video.

CN Tower:

Your support or non support of the mayor is pretty irrelevant at this point - it was really never an issue about you in any event. As to MetroMan's contribution - the record isn't 100%, but certainly he did score a large number of hits, and it wasn't a revolving door of soundbites.

As to Gawker - I have always been of two minds of their involvement, but in any case, the supposedly non-existent video has by now generated quite a bit of activity and shall I say, turnover at the mayor's office that is decidedly existent in nature. I find that curious.

AoD

Last edited:
CN Tower:

Your support or non support of the mayor is pretty irrelevant at this point - it was really never an issue about you in any event. As to MetroMan's contribution - the record isn't 100%, but certainly he did score a large number of hits, and it wasn't a revolving door of soundbites.

As to Gawker - I have always been of two minds of their involvement, but in any case, the supposedly non-existent video has by now generated quite a bit of activity and shall I say, turnover at the mayor's office that is decidedly existent in nature. I find that curious.

AoD

AoD:

Your support or non support of the mayor is pretty irrelevant at this point- it was really never an issue about you in any event.

See what I just did there?

As to Gawker- where there's smoke there's fire. Mayor Ford clearly put himself in a compromising position that created a host of problems for him. The issue is whether he was smoking crack cocaine, heroin, or any other illicit narcotics while in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back