1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amongst the worst extrapolations of data I have seen in this thread yet. It is in no way meaningful to take a 15-minute period and extrapolate it through 24 hours as if it will be consistent for that period. That's not how this works.

Agreed. That's pretty horrible for somebody who claims to be "interested in data". From my observations, it's looking like when people wake up on Saturday we'll be close and there will be a daylong effort to finish it. My guess is Saturday by dinner time we'll have reached the goal.

For anyone interested, here's a look at how those 15 minute intervals look lined up next to each other, and it should be pretty obvious why you can't make a meaningful extrapolation from a single data point. The promising thing is how consistent it appears to have been, but even that doesn't secure its fate.. if anything it does appear to be tapering off (someone take the CSV and do a trend line?)

What I find strange is that there is no crazy bumps for the $15K and $2500 donations, so I'm not sure how solid the data is...

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 318
Agreed. That's pretty horrible for somebody who claims to be "interested in data". From my observations, it's looking like when people wake up on Saturday we'll be close and there will be a daylong effort to finish it. My guess is Saturday by dinner time we'll have reached the goal.

Is there any reason to believe that if someone goes with $200,000 (US by the way) in hand the sellers won't just say. "Oh, we meant $300,000?" (Or if the campaign falters and they are offered $150,000 they won't take it?

Between Mike Duffy and Nigel Wright, and Rob Ford and Mark Towhey, who's left to talk about gas plants?

Also could explain Ainslie and his admission today. As long as your name's not Ford, it's a good week to air any dirty laundry you may have in Toronto. It won't even make a blip on the news radar.......

Is there any reason to believe that if someone goes with $200,000 (US by the way) in hand the sellers won't just say. "Oh, we meant $300,000?" (Or if the campaign falters and they are offered $150,000 they won't take it?

"Here's the suitcase full of money!"
*dealer takes the suitcase, puts it behind his desk*
"Ummm... so can we have the video now?"
"First, you have to pay me."
"But... we just gave you a suitcase full of money!"
"Huh? What suitcase" *shrugs and smirks, flashing his gold tooth and putting his gun on the table* "Now get the fuck out"

If the goal is met and the vendor does not sell then Gawker decides what to do with the money.

As previously noted, if the goal is not met then the money gets returned to the donours so the vendor would have to find someone with $150k to do the deal you suggest with.

"Here's the suitcase full of money!"
*dealer takes the suitcase, puts it behind his desk*
"Ummm... so can we have the video now?"
"First, you have to pay me."
"But... we just gave you a suitcase full of money!"
"Huh? What suitcase" *shrugs and smirks, flashing his gold tooth and putting his gun on the table* "Now get the fuck out"

There's ways around that. Go to the dealer's house, upload the video to the cloud, but you don't get to leave until the money is transferred into their account.

There's ways around that. Go to the dealer's house, upload the video to the cloud, but you don't get to leave until the money is transferred into their account.

And if the upload does not happen in time the big circular saw will cut Mr Bond in half.....oops, lost my mind for a minute there.

I think Gawker trusts these guys. They've apparently been in contact daily.

Wow, the commemorative prints are now sold out, nearing $144,000. Perhaps already for safeguarding the video has been uploaded somewhere?

Now there's only one thing that'll bump Rob Ford's crack video out of the news:

[video=youtube;yFm1DKamuIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFm1DKamuIY[/video]

Who's gonna volunteer? Doug?

Now there's only one thing that'll bump Rob Ford's crack video out of the news:

Who's gonna volunteer? Doug?

Video has been clearly doctored...you can tell by the angle of decent that the soother takes.....how this stuff gets out there and believed is beyond me.

Why be so convoluted? Just hire a lawyer. The parties can each send their consideration to the lawyer to hold in trust. When he's received and verified both the video and money, he will release them to the other party. It's a pretty simple transaction. They don't need to do any of this James Bond stuff.

Wow, the commemorative prints are now sold out, nearing $144,000. Perhaps already for safeguarding the video has been uploaded somewhere?

Oh that sucks. $200 was a really popular donation amount. They need to add more perks in the final stretch.

It's now passed the $144K minimum it needed to hit to maintain on pace to making $200K by the deadline. With a full after work and dinner time period left in the day, it's not stretching to say that it could hit $155K by tonight. That puts us on track to finishing on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back