454     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 782     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 536     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what the word 'source' means? It means YOU cite the company and contract with the city. Or YOU cite the hospital and nurse's local that has those sick days. Or YOU continue to pull things out of your butt. Nethire? C'mon, that's not even trying.

He works for the city, you know those dark trucks with the cn tower picture on the side of them :). Why would I lie about something like that. All the info is available on the governments websites. Average wage for a truck driver is about $20-$25/ hour in Toronto. That's what he says he makes and he works a little extra everyday to have his Fridays off. Nurses sick days used to be bankable, not sure if they still are as the previous mayor was fighting hard to have that changed. Trust me, government jobs are very well paid and you need to pretty much commit murder to get fired from one. Hell cops that are suspended for being dirty, still get paid while being investigated. The hospital was Etobicoke General, she worked there for twenty years. I think she mentioned once while Sars was going on that she was being paid close to $100/hour. Now i have all due respect for these workers who risk their lives, but come on. Private sector jobs are not nearly as well paid as government sector jobs, of equivalent merit. That's my point.

He works for the city, you know those dark trucks with the cn tower picture on the side of them :). Why would I lie about something like that. All the info is available on the governments websites. Average wage for a truck driver is about $20-$25/ hour in Toronto. That's what he says he makes and he works a little extra everyday to have his Fridays off. Nurses sick days used to be bankable, not sure if they still are as the previous mayor was fighting hard to have that changed. Trust me, government jobs are very well paid and you need to pretty much commit murder to get fired from one. Hell cops that are suspended for being dirty, still get paid while being investigated. The hospital was Etobicoke General, she worked there for twenty years. I think she mentioned once while Sars was going on that she was being paid close to $100/hour. Now i have all due respect for these workers who risk their lives, but come on. Private sector jobs are not nearly as well paid as government sector jobs, of equivalent merit. That's my point.

So -- no, you have no evidence. And having banked sick days is not the same as having 70 or 80 a year, petal (as US would say...)

My favourite quote, though, although it might be just that you ran two ideas together without the benefit of one of those old-fashioned paragraph thingies:

"I think she mentioned once while Sars was going on that she was being paid close to $100/hour. Now i have all due respect for these workers who risk their lives, but come on. Private sector jobs are not nearly as well paid as government sector jobs, of equivalent merit."

That's awesome! What's the 'private sector equivalent' in merit to risking your life to combat a deadly epidemic?

And, while it's difficult to argue 'equivalent merit', I'd expect there are any number of government jobs of much greater merit to humanity than banker, but I'm a banker 'cause they pay me too much money for what my job's worth. That's why I took it -- I get paid much more than I would pay me. It's like... gravy! ;-)

Nice I'm happy for you....that's why you live in Riverdale and I live in Etobicoke :). Some people just really get lucky in life :p

Rob Ford brags about personally attending to the needs of citizens. But so far has not responded to the owner of Caplansky's.

"I've called (Ford) a number of times and I'm completely shocked that he's never replied," says an exasperated Caplansky. "No phone call, no e-mail. Nothing.

"Same thing with Cesar Palacio, the Licensing and Standards chair," Caplansky continues. "Neither of them has taken any steps to have a meeting with us, take a look, have a sandwich. I don't understand why they're not interested. Tens of thousands of people show up for these food truck festivals. It’s a win-win situation for them. It’s small business versus big government. It's good for tourism and foot traffic.

And after the black eye the City got for the failure of David Miller's A La Cart street-food program, this could be a marquee decision for the Rob Ford administration but they won't even return a phone call."

Unless you call and say "hey Rob, I don't like those unions/pinkos/cyclists/activitists", he's not likely to call you back

Nurses sick days used to be bankable, not sure if they still are as the previous mayor was fighting hard to have that changed. Trust me, government jobs are very well paid and you need to pretty much commit murder to get fired from one. Hell cops that are suspended for being dirty, still get paid while being investigated. The hospital was Etobicoke General, she worked there for twenty years. I think she mentioned once while Sars was going on that she was being paid close to $100/hour. Now i have all due respect for these workers who risk their lives, but come on. Private sector jobs are not nearly as well paid as government sector jobs, of equivalent merit. That's my point.

People really need to stop comparing health care worker benefits to "private sector jobs". As hard as it is to grasp, health care workers have lots of sick days, because believe it or not, they get sick, a lot. People cough in your face, you get vomited on, and get sprayed with blood. There really is no private sector equivalent.

And as for the quip about SARS, when SARS first showed up, we had no idea what it was, how it was transmitted, or if it was treatable. All we knew is that people were dying and we were walking straight into it without any way to protect ourselves. I have rarely seen people afraid to go to work except for those few weeks.

Nurses sick days used to be bankable, not sure if they still are as the previous mayor was fighting hard to have that changed. Trust me, government jobs are very well paid and you need to pretty much commit murder to get fired from one. Hell cops that are suspended for being dirty, still get paid while being investigated. The hospital was Etobicoke General, she worked there for twenty years. I think she mentioned once while Sars was going on that she was being paid close to $100/hour. Now i have all due respect for these workers who risk their lives, but come on. Private sector jobs are not nearly as well paid as government sector jobs, of equivalent merit. That's my point.

unless i'm totally confused, nurses are under provincial jurisdiction and should have nothing to do with the municipality.
or are you talking about something else, or a specific role within the city?

I recognize this is from CUPE, but this is using statistics Canada data: "Overall average pay levels for comparable occupations between public and private sector employers are very similar. Average annual pay in the public sector was $49,655, 0.5 per cent higher than the private sector average of $49,407."

From: http://cupe.ca/economics/battle-wages-paid-more-public-private

Unless you call and say "hey Rob, I don't like those unions/pinkos/cyclists/activitists", he's not likely to call you back

Though I'd almost see Caplansky as having been a Ford supporter in the same sense that Reg Hartt was...

Perhaps not, and perhaps many who don't have one could get one if they had the time, money, or inclination to do so.

But Rob Ford had all 3, and dropped out of first year University at two different institutions. This suggests a lack of ability, rather than anything else.

The sheer incompetence and general stupidity he has demonstrated during his political career would support that.

Actually, I'd argue that his academic credentials are straight out of Oxford. For you see: he's dumb as an ox, and his name is Ford

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'll let Joseph Bloore offer the proper response to that one.

tumblr_l1g76nU5ar1qzegmvo1_400.jpg

CP24 ‏ @CP24
Mayor Ford says he's going to his cottage w/ his family on weekend of Pride parade, as is his family's tradition.

Sure it is... wasn't it a barbecue last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back