1.5K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 693     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 523     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... that was extreme (some extremely anti-gay posts deleted for those that missed it).

This is part of my concern with Ford. He may well not be the kind of person that actually hates gays and would cause direct harm (and I certainly haven't seen any evidence that he does). However his prejudice that he has promoted in the past, and does nothing to mitigate, merely gives those in society that to bash (and kill) gays the wrong idea that it is okay to have such prejudices - let alone act on them.

It's for reasons like this that Ford either needs to grow up, or resign.

Why the hell should the man resign?

Because you personally dislike the man and make every attempt to label him a bigot? Because he doesn't share your world vision? And what prejudice do you keep referring to while at the same time finally acknowledging that maybe, he's not the dangerous, evil bigot you thought he was? Either you think he's a dangerous bigot or not. You can't have it both ways.

Your hate for the man is well established. It's not Ford that needs to grow up, it's you..

Last edited:
Like I said in a now locked thread, I think there is a misconception of the profile of the average Ford voter. People tend to think those who voted for Ford are all old white guys who drive around their SUVs all day. Reality is that the areas which voted for Ford the most are the ones which have the highest concentration of immigrants. The vast majority of which come from nations with less than progressive views on gays and civil rights, and may have limited English skills so they eat up his simple soundbytes and get their news from easy to digest sources the The Sun.

And of course, this attempt to play down immigrants' votes for Ford hinges on them being ignorant. The same old, tired attacks by those against Ford. He only won because a bunch of dumb simpletons from backwards countries with outdated cultural attitudes voted him into power. This person's post on immigrants is highly offensive.

Last edited:
So if our mothers have right-leaning political views we should kill them or shun them from our lives?

Good to know you've reinforced my opinions of you. You're a creep.

Yeah, I agree with you. His post was a new low for this board. He's a douche.

He's also creep because he decided to make a reference to my mother and lump her in with the Archie Bunker category which was an intentional insult, knowing nothing about my mother besides that she had rules and didn't tolerate nonsense while raising me. You know what? She had rules and was tough but she also had gay friends and never once made a negative comment about any ethnic/racial group.

I said it before, I'll say it again. People who considered in any way conservative or old fashioned get treated like shit on this board and elsewhere.

Last edited:
I believe the report was more like an additional 2 - 4 minutes, but no matter - it does not take an additional 14 minutes. I can walk from my home at Wellesley & Jarvis to 256 Jarvis (south of Gerrard) to my friend's place in 10 minutes which is over 1/4 of the whole street. Further, it's less than a 10 minute walk from Wellesley to Bloor, I do it every single day with my dog and your saying it takes an additional 14 minutes to drive it. Not possible. The only time I see Jarvis get congested is if there are emergency vehicles on the street (firetrucks, paramedics etc.) tending to a problem or if there is a vehicular accident.
Additional 4 minutes, on top of 10 minutes, so time prolonged to 14 minutes total (not an additional 14 minutes).

Because he is clearly and admittedly prejudiced against certain groups.

There isn't a place for such bigotry in today's society. It's sad that so many seem to support such prejudice.

nfitz, you clearly live in your delusional world. With you, all roads lead back to Ford. There is something unhealthy about your obsession with this man.

You keep referring to Ford's raging intolerance against everyone but can't provide one shred of evidence. You need to present something concrete and absolutely shows his hatred towards certain groups and his intentions with acting on this hate.

And I hate to break the news to you pal, but everyone has some kind of prejudice against other groups. It's called human nature. You should see my workplace. Multiple ethnic/racial/gender groups and their quiet comments about each other. It happens everywhere. You simply can't escape this reality. All we've done in our progressive, PC society is drive this underground.

And you too have demonstrated on multiple occasions your own intolerance towards others for not sharing your own world view. You're just as bigoted as those you accuse.

Last edited:
He's not saying that it takes an additional 14 minutes, but that northbound travel times at peak sometimes take up to five minutes longer than they used to. Here's what the staff report has to say on the additional delay:

Additional 4 minutes, on top of 10 minutes, so time prolonged to 14 minutes total (not an additional 14 minutes).

I read the post wrong, my sincerest apologies to Eug for going off like that. :) I'm really pissed about these lanes being removed so I'm getting way too touchy over this!

Last edited:
Wow ... that was extreme (some extremely anti-gay posts deleted for those that missed it).

This is part of my concern with Ford. He may well not be the kind of person that actually hates gays and would cause direct harm (and I certainly haven't seen any evidence that he does). However his prejudice that he has promoted in the past, and does nothing to mitigate, merely gives those in society that to bash (and kill) gays the wrong idea that it is okay to have such prejudices - let alone act on them.

It's for reasons like this that Ford either needs to grow up, or resign.

Why should he? Based on your argument, 47% of Toronto voters are bigots. Etobicoke is bigot center. If the recent polls are correct, the majority of the city are probably bigots.

We leave in the city of bigots according to you, so it's only fit to have somebody who according to you is a bigot as mayor. No? :)

Why should he? Based on your argument, 47% of Toronto voters are bigots. Etobicoke is bigot center. If the recent polls are correct, the majority of the city are probably bigots.

We leave in the city of bigots according to you, so it's only fit to have somebody who according to you is a bigot as mayor. No? :)

Exactly. His never ending drivel and attacks on those who refuse to bend to his personal world view is tiresome.

Good to see someone else calling this guy out on his hypocritical BS. I'm sick of people like this guy that insist their way of thinking and model for society is the only way and that everyone else that feels differently are wrong and deserving of being demonized and marginalized. People like nfitz claim to believe in the rights for others to different opinions/views but only as long as it fits their model.

I said it earlier but nfitz is a raging intolerant person in his own right.

Last edited:
Okay, so you're toeing the "Ford is not homophobic" line -- how do you explain his reluctance to attend not just the parade but also Pride events that literally take place within the building where he works? Is it your opinion that his lack of attendance is the result of a series of madcap coincidences and scheduling problems?

Are homosexuals who don't like straight people bigots, would they describe themselves as heterophobic?

I guess if they tended to recoil at the thought of seeing heterosexual people kissing and went to great lengths to reassure everyone around them that they weren't straight, then, maybe?

Is this the part where you tell us that it's unfair to call you homophobic because you aren't literally afraid of gay people? You just don't agree with the lifestyle, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back