1.6K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 985     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Stephanie also say "great dad" (=) "lots of toys" in her Mayor of Heaven eulogy? One has to wonder about all these toys. Do they just get bored/frustrated with them and move on or were the kiddies just spoiled silly regardless?

I guess to them, "great fatherhood" means coming home with Happy Meals (or maybe Subway sandwiches as per that "emergency" school jaunt?) every day, rathe than relying on boring (or in Renata's likely case, worse-than-boring) home cooking.

Poor Brownie - he's not a toy you can just get bored of or frustrated with. He'll still need to be fed, walked, pooped, peed, trained. That's not fun. That's like...work!:eek:

Can't wait 'til the inevitable Renata FB post--probably sooner rather than later...

Brownie's gone :(

I guess to them, "great fatherhood" means coming home with Happy Meals (or maybe Subway sandwiches as per that "emergency" school jaunt?) every day, rathe than relying on boring (or in Renata's likely case, worse-than-boring) home cooking.

Can't wait 'til the inevitable Renata FB post--probably sooner rather than later...
Stay classy, Adma.

For those who don't click through, that's from The Beaverton. :p Too bad it isn't true.

If they had editors that are more interested in her behaviour than covering her ass, they wouldn't have needed turnitin. Or on that matter, they wouldn't have needed it anymore - because she should have been fired - and failing that, they should have fired themselves.

AoD

Funny Strobel should say that, considering how long Harper was in power and he didn't call for term limits for him - and had nothing but hagiography at the end of his reign instead.

And be careful what you wish for re: term limits - an imperfectly drafted policy can easily lead to representation by the family musical chair - and you know whose family I am eluding to.

AoD

[QUOTE=" Poor Brownie - he's not a toy you can just get bored of or frustrated with. He'll still need to be fed, walked, pooped, peed, trained. That's not fun. That's like...work!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Heck Renata could not even be a responsible parent when Saint Rob was alive and needed her parents to mind the kids on a daily basis.
Oh yeah and the Ford family may even have to employ a Brownie turd catcher. Next the Sun will publish "Brownie has gone to live on a nice farm with lots of other nice doggies"

Funny Strobel should say that, considering how long Harper was in power and he didn't call for term limits for him - and had nothing but hagiography at the end of his reign instead.

And be careful what you wish for re: term limits - an imperfectly drafted policy can easily lead to representation by the family musical chair - and you know whose family I am eluding to.

AoD

Which family dynasty? Pick one:
  • Ford
  • Layton
  • Cressy
  • Holyday
  • Nunziata
  • Carmichael Greb
  • Shiner
  • Colle
  • Doucette
  • McMahon
  • Minnan Wong
  • Berardinetti
alluding to

Last edited:
Which family dynasty? Pick one:
  • Ford
  • Layton
  • Cressy
  • Holyday
  • Nunziata
  • Carmichael Greb
  • Shiner
  • Colle
  • Doucette
  • McMahon
  • Minnan Wong
  • Berardinetti
alluding to

I am alluding to instances/tendency where the end of term by one family member is immediately followed by another representative from said family.

AoD

I am alluding to instances/tendency where the end of term by one family member is immediately followed by another representative from said family.

AoD
Yes, and all of those people on the list are children, spouses or siblings of other politicians. It's not just the Fords.

Yes, and all of those people on the list are children, spouses or siblings of other politicians. It's not just the Fords.

I am a little more sympathetic if it was a case whereby someone who run years down the road in a different ward (e.g. Layton) , vs. someone treating the same seat as their familial property and rotate family members (e.g. Ford, Holyday). That's what I have issues with.

AoD

I am a little more sympathetic if it was a case whereby someone who run years down the road in a different ward (e.g. Layton) , vs. someone treating the same seat as their familial property and rotate family members (e.g. Ford, Holyday). That's what I have issues with.

AoD

It's still the same effect. A quarter of the current council was elected based on someone else's last name. Cases such as McMahon are a bit less significant since the family connection is from another city, but don't think for a second that Holyday or Layton or Nunziata would be on council if a family member hadn't paved their way.

The end result might still be good but this is what happens in municipal politics where you don't have party identities to guide voting. The Fords may be one massive political turdpile but they certainly aren't unique.

It's still the same effect. A quarter of the current council was elected based on someone else's last name. Cases such as McMahon are a bit less significant since the family connection is from another city, but don't think for a second that Holyday or Layton or Nunziata would be on council if a family member hadn't paved their way.

The end result might still be good but this is what happens in municipal politics where you don't have party identities to guide voting. The Fords may be one massive political turdpile but they certainly aren't unique.

Term limits won't change any of that - and it will be difficult to draft policies that would prevent someone in the family from running. Besides, even if you have term limits, it'd be just as easy to "anoint" someone else as the desired candidate.

Frankly, I don't see adoption of party politics as the solution either - you're basically trading one form of perversity with another.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back