227     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 459     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 373     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but usually one's faith must correspond and the Anglicans used to be just as much sticklers as the Catholics on this one. Then again, my experience has been with marriages vs. burials. Metropolitan United is pretty large, but then, it's very progressive re LGBT (which I'm sure has nothing to do with the choice). St. James definitely more WASPish
Again, this is absolutely 100% normal. Churches aren't in the habit of turning anyone away, especially for funerals. Those roofs don't fix themselves.

St. James was likely chosen in part for it's size, location and, yes, the formality of being Toronto's 'establishment' church. However, that's also exactly the sort of thing that gets High Anglicans all tingly inside so it is what it is.

Last edited:
Flaherty was raised Catholic but he and his wife began attending the Anglican church "late in life" according to CBC, so I guess had some options (that made sense).

I know I'm wasting my time, but what leads you to that conclusion? That's a pretty big claim.

Good thing that the Liberal government is reinstating the long form census, so that we can use facts to verify Armour's sweeping statements about the people of Rexdale.

Who was watching the kids? Good to see they're being supervise

Doug, of course. Who else would use an 8 year old to further the Ford's political ambition?
Doug Jr-Sr is probably trying to find a way for Doug Jr-Jr to run for the seat underage, so that he can be installed as the Regent of Rexdale for the next decade.

Rob Ford may have died yesterday, but Ford Nation has been on life support for a little while now. During the federal election, Harper's desperate stump with the Fords didn't rally votes for the conservatives. Quite the opposite - it basically gift wrapped a Toronto sweep for the Liberals, and sent enough waves of revulsion around the country that it might have been the nudge which put Trudeau into majority territory that surprised so many pundits and poll watchers.

With Ford's death, it's not surprising how vehement and unrelenting many of his supporters have been in promoting a deceptively revisionist legacy. They're hoping his death will resurrect the narrative of the downtrodden and victimized people's champion, and wash away the current perception that the movement he led is now just a spent force. Expect his funeral to be exploited by his acolytes to maximize this strategy.

Sure, but usually one's faith must correspond and the Anglicans used to be just as much sticklers as the Catholics on this one. Then again, my experience has been with marriages vs. burials. Metropolitan United is pretty large, but then, it's very progressive re LGBT (which I'm sure has nothing to do with the choice). St. James definitely more WASPish
St James has LGBT groups and events quite regularly. It was probably chosen in anticipation of large crowds. I hope the pews go empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back