News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 726     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on reddit posted around 1pm (so take it FWIW):

My source for this is a few journalist friends (i.e. "maggots"), so take it with a grain of salt, but they're saying that last night his breathing tube was removed, and that this is pretty much it. Pray for RoFo.

Very true. That is, if he is as rich as people claim he is.

Rob is only two years older than Justin Trudeau, but look at the lifestyle differences.

Although I never liked the guy neither did I dislike him. At times he was humorous to me but mostly I felt sorry or embarrassed for the guy. I guess eventually something will be named after him (after all Jack Layton got the Ferry Terminal named after him and he was never mayor) so I was thinking maybe we could rename Yonge/Dundas Square to Rob Ford Square or something like that. Maybe even rename Nathan Philips Square to Rob Ford Square.

More likely we'll see a campaign by The Rebel Media to create a Monument to the Victims of Press Bullying as part of the ongoing Nathan Phillips Square rebuild.

How about giant statues of Rob and Doug at the entrance to James Gardens?

latest

(cue music sting) Bah, bah b-ing
DAY 1: And the 2016 Rob Ford Countdown to Death continues...
(cue montage of strung-out Rob, Rob pushing councillor to the floor, Rob admitting he's done crack, Rob running from the media)

goldsbie 9:28pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
A handful of media vehicles parked on Murray Street continue their watch of Mount Sinai Hospital.

Last edited:
When the source for all of this is the Fords, and likely Doug, nothing is as it seems. Doug's likely too dull to understand what palliative care is, and just threw the term out.
I don't think Doug ever said he was in palliative care. I think one news story (CBC Radio, maybe?) used the term and it took off from there on twitter. I'm not even aware that there are any quotes from Doug since the (more positive-sounding) mice stories. Everything from "the Ford family" now is coming via Dan Jacobs, which could still be Doug I guess, but could be Diane too.

He officially withdrew, but put the dots together. Doug is 180 degrees from where Brown is trying to take the party.
Come on, get real. If they were going to axe him, why would they have taken him in the first place?

I don't think Doug ever said he was in palliative care. I think one news story (CBC Radio, maybe?) used the term and it took off from there on twitter. I'm not even aware that there are any quotes from Doug since the (more positive-sounding) mice stories. Everything from "the Ford family" now is coming via Dan Jacobs, which could still be Doug I guess, but could be Diane too.

Yup. "Palliative" is a media thing, as far as I can tell. I haven't seen it in any of the Ford camp statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back