1.8K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the It's Before the Courts Dept., the latest on the Fords vs Macdonald COI case:

Chris Caple ‏@chriscaple 43m43 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Seven of us here at Osgoode in @judemacdonald's stead. Fords' lawyers just walked in and looked surprised.

Throwing Fords' lawyers slightly off kilter is a pretty solid feeling.

Judge arrives. Court is in session. Fords' lawyer has a cold and is complaining about the number of people here.

Fords' lawyer accuses Jude's lawyer of bringing a bunch of people here. Jude's lawyer says no, these people are here to support Jude.

Apparently Fords' lawyer (Gavin Tighe) has some items he doesn't want to discuss in open court.

Tighe now complaining about not having received an affidavit he's requested from Jude's lawyers.

Basically the Fords are supposed to answer a set of written questions from Jude's lawyers & Tighe seems to be trying to delay or block that.

Jude's lawyer @schchtr is now up & explaining that Jude's father died on the 15th & hasn't had chance to affirm affidavit.

Judge says ok, just send the unsworn affidavit and get on with it and Jude can swear it later.

Eight people here in court in support of Jude. Zero people here supporting Fords, beyond their two lawyers.

Lawyers arguing over what content will be allowed in affidavit; judge proposes affidavit will contain no new exhibits or info. Agreement.

Now Tighe moving to item he wanted to discuss in private, saying he didn't expect there to be public here today.

Judge reviewing note from Tighe, agrees this is a matter to be discussed in confidence, asks public to leave.

So! We're out of the court. Apparently the matter involves some concern regarding personal privacy rights. Do not know what it is.

fwiw... stephanie doesn't look like she's missed many meals. if anything, dougie needs to be better fed.
She's 4 years older now, so maybe the plan worked. She's also entered adolescence and probably still doesn't have a lot of understanding of "healthy choices" even if they are available. "Stress eaters" fill obesity clinics. I just hope nobody starts her on the powdered protein and coconut flour diet the Special Ks preach.

From the It's Before the Courts Dept., the latest on the Fords vs Macdonald COI case:

Seven of us here at Osgoode in @judemacdonald's stead. Fords' lawyers just walked in and looked surprised.

Judge arrives. Court is in session. Fords' lawyer has a cold and is complaining about the number of people here.

Fords' lawyer accuses Jude's lawyer of bringing a bunch of people here. Jude's lawyer says no, these people are here to support Jude.

Apparently Fords' lawyer (Gavin Tighe) has some items he doesn't want to discuss in open court.

Tighe now complaining about not having received an affidavit he's requested from Jude's lawyers.

Basically the Fords are supposed to answer a set of written questions from Jude's lawyers & Tighe seems to be trying to delay or block that.

Jude's lawyer @schchtr is now up & explaining that Jude's father died on the 15th & hasn't had chance to affirm affidavit.

Judge says ok, just send the unsworn affidavit and get on with it and Jude can swear it later.

Eight people here in court in support of Jude. Zero people here supporting Fords, beyond their two lawyers.

Lawyers arguing over what content will be allowed in affidavit; judge proposes affidavit will contain no new exhibits or info. Agreement.

Now Tighe moving to item he wanted to discuss in private, saying he didn't expect there to be public here today.

Judge reviewing note from Tighe, agrees this is a matter to be discussed in confidence, asks public to leave.

So! We're out of the court. Apparently the matter involves some concern regarding personal privacy rights. Do not know what it is.

I bet he's spent so much money on lawyers connected to his job that he's basically worked for free the last few years.

Re: Blair and Brazen 2

I was just remembering when, after Blair did the presser revealing that they had the infamous Crack Video, Jason Kenney said something to the media that Ford was a disgrace and wasn't "fit" to serve. Flaherty jumped on Kenney. That was the end of any public discussion, and I'm guessing Harper backed Flaherty, even if reluctantly. I'm wondering who in the Harper crew knew exactly what Flaherty's relationship with the Fords was.

I haven't posted in forever, just started to catch up. I wanted to make a brief comment on the Ford/Harper event.

I read speculation that the Ford's traded their contact database for the Harper appearance. On election day I received an email from info@conservatives.ca, the "get out the vote" type. The interesting thing is that it went to an email account that I had set-up to advocate for a group that was being negatively impacted by the pan-am games refit at the Olympium back when Rob Ford was first elected. That account was only ever used to communicate with the mayor's office. My first thought when I received the email was "ah, so that's how they got Harper to appear".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 1.25.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 1.25.12 PM.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 184

To finish Chris's Twitter coverage:

— Looks like they've wrapped up. Court's adjourned. We're waiting for a debrief from Jude's lawyer.

— Ok basically @schchtr can't tell us anything at all about what happened in camera. But the case is still on, so... onwards.

— The Fords now have to answer the 41 or so written questions Jude's lawyers have prepared. I gather they have about a week to respond.

Other than these excerpts, is anyone else actually reading Fillion's book?... but overall it seems like Fillion did a pretty good job of not just retelling stories, but trying to lay the groundwork for *why* all of the Fords turned out the way they did.

Reading the Fillion book atm. Readily enjoying it because the theme isn't all the nasty secrets, but trying to delve into what Rob is and why he is that way.

She's 4 years older now, so maybe the plan worked. She's also entered adolescence and probably still doesn't have a lot of understanding of "healthy choices" even if they are available. "Stress eaters" fill obesity clinics. I just hope nobody starts her on the powdered protein and coconut flour diet the Special Ks preach.

When puberty starts, if it already hasn't, things are going to be real interesting.

i gotta highlight this part of the article too...

When Doug confirmed that he’d heard the same stories from credible sources, Kouvalis reports that Diane told her son: “Stop. All you care about is being the mayor yourself. This is all about you guys plotting against Robbie.”
Kouvalis tried to convince the family that Rob’s behaviour would impact the family business and embarrass Diane. She told him to leave and not come back.

Ugh, so Diane is also delusional and li'l Robbie is her favourite or something.

I remember Flaherty's outburst. Seems like Kenney (as much as I dislike him) was making a stand for decency and it must have touched a nerve for Jim.

Sounds Filion is playing amateur psychiatrist ... I probably won't read his book, as I'm not interested in what makes Ford tick so much as seeing him held to account ... finally ... for something.

Speaking of which, even if Ford has a sudden convenient medical issue, aren't his lawyers the ones who are supposed to compile the answers to the questions anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back