151     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 587     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 498     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow, those tweets of Trumps were horrid. He really is screwing himself and I doubt the Republicans will put up with him much longer.

I can't help but note the whole safety argument being put forth various councillors and Muzik during the Ex EDM debate. That said, I think the Ex and OP would be the perfect spot for locating clubs and other forms of nightlife in Toronto. (esp. considering how the site is relatively far away from residential uses)

AoD

Yea...that's exactly what they said about the Entertainment District.

Ghettoizing is generally bad policy.

Yea...that's exactly what they said about the Entertainment District.

Ghettoizing is generally bad policy.

Entertainment district outlived its' value near the core - the Ex isn't nearly as sensitive to development pressures (especially since condos are out of the picture). It's not "ghettoizing", it's agglomeration effect.

AoD

Last edited:
Entertainment district outlived its' value near the core - the landuse t the Ex isn't nearly as sensitive to development pressures (especially since condos are out of the picture). It's not "ghettoizing", it's agglomeration effect.

AoD

Which still leaves us with the social problems associated with ghettoization.

Hey...I have an idea...let's not rebuild Clubland...anywhere.

As if somehow "social problems" (putting aside that rather exclusionary view of what the city should be) has been resolved to anyone's satisfaction.

AoD

Ah, but I think we did learn a lesson from Clubland. That being concentrating what nimbys don't want in their neighbourhoods into one area does not eliminate the problem. It simply creates a concentrated problem, with its own unique liabilities.

I dont go clubbing anymore but I still think there is a huge valuenin cutting loose, meeting people and dancing.We cant all be antiquing.

As a person who actually lived in the heart of Clubland at its zenith, I find your quaint description of what was going on quite humorous. And I love the way you deflect and judge anyone who doesn't support your views...very telling.

I dont go clubbing anymore but I still think there is a huge valuenin cutting loose, meeting people and dancing.We cant all be antiquing.
Fucking antiquers - always waking everyone up so early. And good luck hailing a cab to come pick up that "mint" rococo open armchair you and Chad just found after your vegan brunch on Queen East.

As a person who actually lived in the heart of Clubland at its zenith, I find your quaint description of what was going on quite humorous. And I love the way you deflect and judge anyone who doesn't support your views...very telling.
Actually I thought you might get a chuckle out of a reference from last year. The fact that you didn't is also telling. I live in earshot of the Kee to Bala. As long as the sound is cheerful I'm fine with it. Those T.O raccoons though? Oughtta be a law. Also the entertainment district was the abandoned garment district. If the clubs hadn't moved in it would not have attracted the development of condos.whose owners promptly started complaining about the clubs.

Fucking antiquers - always waking everyone up so early. And good luck hailing a cab to come pick up that "mint" rococo open armchair you and Chad just found after your vegan brunch on Queen East.

I'm pretty sure you're legally required to use Uber to get that "mint" rococo open armchair home.

the cracker cats.JPG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1048729759171245583_485404636

the cracker cats slo pitch.JPG

http://iconosquare.com/p/1048027356276740219_191429371

Attachments

• the cracker cats.JPG
    the cracker cats.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 620
  • the cracker cats slo pitch.JPG
    the cracker cats slo pitch.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 617
Status