2.5K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really long interview with Ford on the Arlene Bynon show here. It's full of outrageous claims and deflections. I'm surprised it's not getting more attention.

He claims credit for the murder rate being lower when he was mayor, saying it was because he supports the police while Tory is taking away their tools like carding.

She challenges him, saying he didn't seem to like police dogging him. He deflects and wonders why they bothered him so long as he's "straight as an arrow".

He goes off on the police for a long time, saying he heard they spent $6 million investigating him and that they're still following him.

He also claims credit for tourism booming during his reign, saying it was because he cut the car tax and made sure everything was clean lol.

He refuses to take responsibility for his crack use, saying he only did it because of the alcohol, which if you talk to his friends like I have that's not true! He's been doing crack etc since high school.

I'm really curious as to who Ford's police source is who keeps giving him scoops on the investigation. I guess the obvious suspect would be Taverner. I heard one story that Blair questioned him on this and he swore he wasn't passing anything on to the Fords. Or maybe it's some beat cop who just hears rumours. Could also be through Warmington's police source.

Really long interview with Ford on the Arlene Bynon show here. It's full of outrageous claims and deflections. I'm surprised it's not getting more attention.

He claims credit for the murder rate being lower when he was mayor, saying it was because he supports the police while Tory is taking away their tools like carding.

She challenges him, saying he didn't seem to like police dogging him. He deflects and wonders why they bothered him so long as he's "straight as an arrow".

He goes off on the police for a long time, saying he heard they spent $6 million investigating him and that they're still following him.

He also claims credit for tourism booming during his reign, saying it was because he cut the car tax and made sure everything was clean lol.

He refuses to take responsibility for his crack use, saying he only did it because of the alcohol, which if you talk to his friends like I have that's not true! He's been doing crack etc since high school.

Ugh.

How is 'supporting the police' lowering the crime rate, specifically?

$6 million, really? Really?

How the hell does eliminating the vehicle registration fee encourage tourism? Visitors don't register their cars while they're here! And no, it doesn't seem cleaner. Seems like it would be a simple quick win for any mayor to kick off an aggressive campaign of street-sweeping, graffiti removal, etc. I don't recall anything like that under Ford except for a few photo-op fits and starts.

I imagine lots of people manage to consume crack avidly without the benefit of alcohol ... and smoking crack from high school to age 45 or so? Can't be good for you.

Ugh.

How is 'supporting the police' lowering the crime rate, specifically?

$6 million, really? Really?

How the hell does eliminating the vehicle registration fee encourage tourism? Visitors don't register their cars while they're here! And no, it doesn't seem cleaner. Seems like it would be a simple quick win for any mayor to kick off an aggressive campaign of street-sweeping, graffiti removal, etc. I don't recall anything like that under Ford except for a few photo-op fits and starts.

I imagine lots of people manage to consume crack avidly without the benefit of alcohol ... and smoking crack from high school to age 45 or so? Can't be good for you.

Yep, and he claims he'd go drinking at 6 pm after work, party all night but then wake up in time for work early every morning. As I recall, he'd be MIA until noon at the earliest and his staffers said he was drunk during the workday. And I know plenty of guys who love their beer but would know better than to smoke crack. Dude's still lying and scheming.

What he really need is getting interviewed by Rosemary Barton. He would have felt like he got an enema...or was it his entrails on the studio floor?

AoD

Ya or Matt Galloway gave him a good grilling. I'm up for round 2.

Though honestly, given how much he loves being at the centre of attention (and there is no such thing as bad attention to him), I am quite happy nobody give much of a damn about him anymore. It must have hurt.

AoD

Though honestly, given how much he loves being at the centre of attention (and there is no such thing as bad attention to him), I am quite happy nobody give much of a damn about him anymore. It must have hurt.

AoD
Ya, although I've heard him on Newstalk 1010 this morning and he and Doug were just on CP 24 again railing against Tory and Blair.

Poor pair of pathetic panderers, but I admire your ability to subject yourself to the same nonsense we've been hearing from them for years. The FoBros have no friends in high places (CPC) who even want to be seen with them during the election, these fellows who were bragging they could deliver not just Toronto, but all of (Toronto-hating) Ontario.

What I am curious about is whether you, Jimmi, believe the cops that Brazen 2 is still "ongoing" and whether the Fords believe it is.

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 12.58.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 12.58.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 12.58.15 PM.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 515
Poor pair of pathetic panderers, but I admire your ability to subject yourself to the same nonsense we've been hearing from them for years. The FoBros have no friends in high places (CPC) who even want to be seen with them during the election, these fellows who were bragging they could deliver not just Toronto, but all of (Toronto-hating) Ontario.

What I am curious about is whether you, Jimmi, believe the cops that Brazen 2 is still "ongoing" and whether the Fords believe it is.

I have no idea. I assumed it was over with and cops were hoping it'd fade from memory now that Blair is gone. None of my reporter friends seem to know either. The one who'd know best, Donovan, has moved on to other things and we rarely talk these days. They just launched that much hyped tablet app and he was really busy with that.

Brazen II may not be officially "closed," but I think it has been dormant since the review of the data on Lisi's iPhone. The cops don't have a case and they're not working on developing one. The only reason to keep it open, as far as I can see, is as a backstop measure in case new leads emerge from Sandro's trial. The police won't be able to use evidence from court, but maybe they'll hear something they can develop. But I'm not holding my breath. That's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back