News   Apr 26, 2024
 289     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 819     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob & Harper at Jays game = loss :(

Who's the brainiac offering a recovering alcoholic a beer?
CNx_0-OUEAA6Wlh.jpg

Rob, or whoever is running his twitter account, is now offering to fix people's parking tickets?
https://twitter.com/TorontoRobFord/status/635848079636365312

and of course potholes
https://twitter.com/TorontoRobFord/status/635848577693143040

and pushing bobbleheads
https://twitter.com/TorontoRobFord/status/630768131070427137

A funny thing I've noticed. It seems every violent thug/criminal I've known over the years grew up to be a staunch conservative. And of course we have the Fords. Why do you think that is that these punks end up joining the "tough on crime" party?

Is Ford Nation even a viable force at this point?
Why not? Has resentful ignorance passed from the world?

Populism is not going anywhere, the nature of modern politics is to construct a problem and blame someone/something for it's creation or exasperation.

It wasn't that long ago that DoFo almost managed to get elected as mayor. What makes you think they're a spent force?

IMO Dougie didn't have a chance, and close is meaningless, voters had enough of the Ford circus.

How about the fact that DoFo can't fundraise worth shit? Ya gotta ante-up to play in the big leagues.

His self entitlement and ego have been his biggest barrier.

A funny thing I've noticed. It seems every violent thug/criminal I've known over the years grew up to be a staunch conservative. And of course we have the Fords. Why do you think that is that these punks end up joining the "tough on crime" party?

Control, shape investigations or just try to distance oneself to look innocent.

Who said he's recovering?

Most of the FF Nation believe Robbie's "substance problem" (not addiction) has been solved and the problem does not exist anymore. Setting the tone is Kathy, she has described herself as an ex-addict or cured addict even though she was clearly using.

Populism is not going anywhere, the nature of modern politics is to construct a problem and blame someone/something for it's creation or exasperation.

IMO Dougie didn't have a chance, and close is meaningless, voters had enough of the Ford circus.

His self entitlement and ego have been his biggest barrier.

Control, shape investigations or just try to distance oneself to look innocent.

Most of the FF Nation believe Robbie's "substance problem" (not addiction) has been solved and the problem does not exist anymore. Setting the tone is Kathy, she has described herself as an ex-addict or cured addict even though she was clearly using.

I think, amongst white jock/thug types, it's also considered wussyish to be politically on the left but manly to be conservative.

It seems like this thread has lost some key contributors. It was pretty exciting back in the day...memories!

Not much to say, Jimmi. But things will pick up eventually. Towhey's book is coming. The COI case is moving ahead. And, eventually, there will be the Lisi trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back