1.2K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 4K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
CityTV News just aired a promo advertising an "exclusive" behind-the-scenes with Karla Ford on her husband's campaign that will be aired tomorrow night.

Will we see scenes of her attending a synagogue to highlight her Jewish heritage, or will there be a sudden revelation at tonight's debate that she's actually Latina?

All inclusive shopping trip to the Mink Mile with exclusive tips from the fashionista?

AoD

This endorsement business this morning is absolutely insane. Why isn't there outrage?

Do you think the endorser backed out last minute or are they honestly just taking us all for a ride intentionally and we are accepting it?

This endorsement business this morning is absolutely insane. Why isn't there outrage?

Do you think the endorser backed out last minute or are they honestly just taking us all for a ride intentionally and we are accepting it?
You must be new here.

Oh no that's the scary part. He thought this would be a great idea.

I don't think "distant" means far away, I thinks it means not on the same organ as the original tumour. So if you had two tumours on your liver, it wouldn't automatically be stage 4, but if you had a tumour on your liver and another tumour on your lung of the same type of cancer, it's stage 4.

That's why I have trouble with the word "distant." The lungs and liver aren't far apart, but they are different kinds of tissue. So, the cancer cells are swimming around in the body as what most of us would call a Stage 4 cancer. But if a second tumor develops near the primary tumor in the same kind of tissue, is it Stage 4 or a "regional" spread? A few sources I've looked at, though not many, talk about regional spread in earlier stage cancer.

In any event, don't mind me. I'm not trying to make a point. I'm just obsessing on a detail and thinking out loud. I drive my wife nuts when I do this. So, apologies and thanks for you patience.

DEMETRI: Over the last 50 years a lot has been researched, mainly by surgeons, who have studied how cancers start in one place but then move elsewhere through the body either close to where they started, often in a lymph node, or far from where they started. Let's say if it starts in the breast, does it wind up in the liver or the brain, something very far from where it started? When it goes very far from where it started, that's a distant metastasis. The close ones, like a node metastasis or a regional metastasis may have important information about whether a cancer cell has the potential to spread distantly through the body and run the risk of killing the patient.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/takeonestep/cancer/interviews-demetri.html

So, as of now does not seen distant.

Thank you! I really will shut up now.

50 mil is nothing compared to the billions in debt that the city will take on for the Dumbtrack plan and it's phoney financing scheme. And that's in addition to the Scarborough subway. If Chow is a tax & spend leftie, then Tory is a borrow & no-tax dummy. Which one would you prefer?

Again agreed. Has anyone heard exactly what the dust up between Tory and the Globe was a couple weeks ago? I recall him refusing to speak with a Globe reporter and being cagey about the reason. We then wondered who the Globe would endorse. The thread then went down the rabbit hole regarding free will of the Globe's editorial board being overruled by the owner. As educational as that all was for me I still wonder about the initial beef

"Mainstreet Technologies-Campaign Services" is doing a poll tonight.

Here's the number that came up: 647-503-0155

Have fun. Be responsible. Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back