1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 714     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily picture a seamless transition from Rob's usual partymix grabbag to some heavy prescribed opiate abuse.

Opiates after chemo, now there's one why of killing yourself, further suppressing your immune system.

I agree. No media... Looks like a crass stunt. Very disappointing and a misstep.

I don't think it was a stunt. His explanation for why bring the media made sense to me. It's just very unfortunate that the world is a shitty place and that "optics" matter more than truth.

BTW, if they trot Rob out at Saturday's Ford Fest to sign bobbleheads, will you change your opinion?

If the MINO has a chauffeur, I am surprised he doesn't have a maid or butler to answer the door.

He does. Her name's Renata.

As for Slob, if he truly is as badly off as some of us are speculating, then he has no business running for Ward 2. None. What's the point of "winning" if he's going to have to retire in another 6 months anyway? Another by-election won't be cheap. So much for his vaunted respect for the all-holy taxpayers.

This is the family that asked for privacy, then had Joey Worms into the hospital to write how Rob was still returning calls, then asked for privacy. Then they held a press conference on mom's front step, where they asked for privacy. Then recorded a camping ad for his bro telling everyone to vote for slug, then asked for privacy. They don't care for privacy when the situation helps them control the message.
Screw these guys, bring the press to everything.

It wasn't "privacy" they were asking for it was for a "privy" to handle all the bullshit that was spewed. The Ford Family Compact is famous for typos.

He does. Her name's Renata.

As for Slob, if he truly is as badly off as some of us are speculating, then he has no business running for Ward 2. None. What's the point of "winning" if he's going to have to retire in another 6 months anyway? Another by-election won't be cheap. So much for his vaunted respect for the all-holy taxpayers.

+1 to this. Disgraceful.

Besides, I think casita is right that Rofo ain't giving up his city benefits no-how.

He should have sent it via courier or arranged a visit in advance - maybe get Mikey to accept on his behalf. Showing up w media to a house isn't really fair to the family.

Still doesn't excuse Renata's actions, as a "First Lady" of sorts her performance was bad form.

Besides, I think casita is right that Rofo ain't giving up his city benefits no-how.

Robbie is a 30-year man. Come home with your shield, or on it.

"Toronto mayor tells debate audience he promised to be in politics for 30 years."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ord_says_hell_be_mayor_for_14_more_years.html

"The mayor later explained he picked 14 years — despite each council term being four years long — because, he said, he promised to be in politics for 30 years when he started at age 30."

That will make him eligible for an unreduced OMERS pension.

"The 30-year provision allows a member who has 30 years of qualifying service (credited plus eligible service) to retire with an unreduced pension. The member must be within 10 years of their normal retirement age."

NRA is 65. For Toronto Police, fire and paramedics NRA is 60.

I can only guess what is going through RoFo's mind these days, but if was me, that's the way I would be looking at it.

Always use Genuine Ford Replacement Parts.

LMAO

#Respect for bloodlines.

Last edited:
Robbie is a 30-year man. Come home with your shield, or on it.

"Toronto mayor tells debate audience he promised to be in politics for 30 years."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ord_says_hell_be_mayor_for_14_more_years.html

"The mayor later explained he picked 14 years — despite each council term being four years long — because, he said, he promised to be in politics for 30 years when he started at age 30."

That will make him eligible for an unreduced OMERS pension.

"The 30-year provision allows a member who has 30 years of qualifying service (credited plus eligible service) to retire with an unreduced pension. The member must be within 10 years of their normal retirement age."

NRA is 65. For Toronto Police, fire and paramedics NRA is 60.

I can only guess what is going through RoFo's mind these days, but if was me, that's the way I would be looking at it.
Enrolment in OMERS is optional for politicians, I sure hope he wasn't cheap and bought in. He isn't going to live long enough to collect but Renata would get everything in the plan. Renata's going to need it as I doubt Mama Ford will be overly generous if something happens to Rob. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the house is in his Mom's name and Renata isn't on the house title.

Reflecting on the latest ITO... we have some insights about KaFo.

We already knew that Kathy had squealed, but now we have it on paper, so to speak. So there's the explanation for the current Ford Family Freeze.

She admitted that she and Rob smoked cracked together in April - yet Robbie was the only Fo to go to GreenStone for vac--I mean, rehab.

MoFo might be rethinking whether keeping Kathy on such a short financial leash has actually benefitted the ambitions of the Ford Family Compact.

Nobody wishes the punishing death by horrible illness upon a sitting politician while 'in Office', do they? Oh, wait....

No way Rob's going to resign - dying in office is just the boost the Fords need to get Mikey appointed in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back