News   May 31, 2024
 3.9K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
More mayoral debates have been added to the schedule. There are now at least 44 more between today and October 23.

Really? More?

It was seven weeks to the election as of yesterday, that means that there is a debate almost every day until the election?! They'll just be a rehash except for the two televised ones. I doubt RoFo will attend many of them.

What does him being cornered have anything to do with it? Do you really think if they asked him hard questions he would answer? He never does. He'd just give the same old canned responses about that stuff being in the past, innuendo, etc., then he'd eventually clam up altogether.

"How's Sandro doing?"

RE: Mikey Ray Ford and "Fat Shaming" : I assume everyone here is OK with shaming Meryl RoFo because being a lying junky criminal is not a healthy lifestyle, right?

Well, how can a 20 year old mute be healthy while being 150+ pounds over weight? I see no legitimate way for a punk kid to be that fat without suckling at least a gallon of pop a day, or eating six daily biggie squares at McDicks?

IMO, if the entitled loser (Mutey, not Rab) felt a bit of shame or rejection, maybe he'd realize that he's a walking time bomb of health issues, and take charge of his health.

It is NOT healthy to be morbidly obese.
Coddling MO people is akin to feeding wild life.

Unless you've looked at his medical reports (which are legally confidential for a reason, by the way), you have no idea what his state of health is. Actually, it's none of your business. Before you worry about coddling, you could at least show other human beings enough respect not to compare them to animals.

It really makes me nervous to see how much vitriol people are willing to direct at each other as long as they can come up with some weak justification for doing so: "let me tell you what an inferior piece of garbage I think you are. Oh, by the way, I'm only saying this because I'm concerned about your health".

Unless you've looked at his medical reports (which are legally confidential for a reason, by the way), you have no idea what his state of health is. Actually, it's none of your business. Before you worry about coddling, you could at least show other human beings enough respect not to compare them to animals.

It really makes me nervous to see how much vitriol people are willing to direct at each other as long as they can come up with some weak justification for doing so: "let me tell you what an inferior piece of garbage I think you are. Oh, by the way, I'm only saying this because I'm concerned about your health".

His size aside, Mikey Ford is a 20 year old kid with no experience at all running for an adult's job which will grant him 130k of taxpayer money a year if he gets elected. He's blatantly running on his family name alone, refusing to disclose his policy or to speak to the press. He's a punk and really deserves no recognition whatsoever. He's being rammed down misinformed peoples throats by Rob and Doug. Two egotistical maniacs with criminal connections. Screw the whole family. I have no sympathy for any of them.

What does him being cornered have anything to do with it? Do you really think if they asked him hard questions he would answer? He never does. He'd just give the same old canned responses about that stuff being in the past, innuendo, etc., then he'd eventually clam up altogether.

There are tons of questions that could have been asked. What about the Appollo stuff that had just dropped? Sure the answer would not have been satisfactory, but wouldn't a journalist be frothing at the mouth to have such captive access to someone like Rob Ford in the weeks leading up to the election? This is a guy who is starting to ban media from hearing his speeches.

I guess we only saw a brief one minute clip, so who knows what happened before or after.

I'm not a journalist so I'm not worried about what I would or wouldn't do.

So who cares? Who said anything about coddling morbidly obese people? You don't have to like or encourage it - but generally you have an obligation (based on regular human decency) to not mock people about their body size.

In general, I'm against fat shaming. Mikey hasn't said anything, so I think we should leave him alone.

But ROB? Rob keeps making these claims he's some kind of athlete when he's 100 pounds overweight.
Its just another one of his lies that no one seems to challenge him on.
As far as I'm concerned, its open season on Rob.

Sarah Thomspn looking for seat.

Sarah Thomson's out. Not that anyone will notice.

Now I understand the mysterious Robo Survey I got a week ago. The RoboVoice was asking if I would vote for Pam McConnell or Sarah Thomson for City Councillor for Ward 28. I thought I must have just heard wrong. Now I think she's shopping for a ward in which she has a chance of winning a seat on Council. (The only seat I think she will win is on the back of a horse.)

September 9, today, got a Forum research Robo Poll about Sarah Thomson in Ward 20. Forum thinks I still live there, which could in part explain why their polls are not so accurate. (I've been in Ward 28 for four years.)

Last edited:
I've watched this a couple times and keeping thinking that he's terrified (sort of like being in a submarine for the first time), but is chattering away as a deflection of his fear. Maybe subways actually scare the crap out of him.

It's an extreme possibility; however, I think he is acting more like a 5yr old, and his performance in the presser, well...

Mikey hasn't said anything, so I think we should leave him alone.

That's EXACTLY why Mikey shouldn't be left alone. He's running for a well-paid position, representing thousands of people. He NEEDS to say something. And anyone who would vote for a candidate who has not said a word about his candidacy should also be fair game. (except the fat shaming part, but otherwise, have at 'em)

In general, I'm against fat shaming. Mikey hasn't said anything, so I think we should leave him alone.

But ROB? Rob keeps making these claims he's some kind of athlete when he's 100 pounds overweight.
Its just another one of his lies that no one seems to challenge him on.
As far as I'm concerned, its open season on Rob.

It's not just that he pretends to be an athlete - it's that he uses his supposed athletic abilities and good health as evidence of his fitness for public office. That what makes it ok to hold him to account.

That's EXACTLY why Mikey shouldn't be left alone. He's running for a well-paid position, representing thousands of people. He NEEDS to say something. And anyone who would vote for a candidate who has not said a word about his candidacy should also be fair game. (except the fat shaming part, but otherwise, have at 'em)

I meant: leave him alone about his weight.

Challenge him about anything else.

His size aside, Mikey Ford is a 20 year old kid with no experience at all running for an adult's job which will grant him 130k of taxpayer money a year if he gets elected. He's blatantly running on his family name alone, refusing to disclose his policy or to speak to the press. He's a punk and really deserves no recognition whatsoever. He's being rammed down misinformed peoples throats by Rob and Doug. Two egotistical maniacs with criminal connections. Screw the whole family. I have no sympathy for any of them.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to oppose the candidacy of Michael "Ford" Stirpe, many of which you have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back