2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 587     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting about this past week's flurry of Ford Brothers tragicomedy is how silent Council has been--and that includes so-called Ford allies; I reckon it's a stunned silence, as everyone's standing back to watch things unfold as they will...

It's possible they can see the end a little more clearly than the rest of us, or they're just waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Let's mark World Press Freedom day and give an eloquent speech about the perils journalists face. Let's denounce violence and harassment used against journalists.

(and quickly make a bolt for the elevator as I was guilty of that last week)

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhal...-mayor-rob-ford-marks-world-press-freedom-day

I suppose this event was planned well in advance, but the events of last week made it that much more awkward and hypocritical.
Bwahahaha that's awesome. The kind of irony even the Onion couldn't make up.

Let's mark World Press Freedom day and give an eloquent speech about the perils journalists face. Let's denounce violence and harassment used against journalists.

(and quickly make a bolt for the elevator as I was guilty of that last week)

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhal...-mayor-rob-ford-marks-world-press-freedom-day

I suppose this event was planned well in advance, but the events of last week made it that much more awkward and hypocritical.

The Ford's cottage must still be closed for the season.

What I find interesting about this past week's flurry of Ford Brothers tragicomedy is how silent Council has been--and that includes so-called Ford allies; I reckon it's a stunned silence, as everyone's standing back to watch things unfold as they will...

Council doesn't have to do anything, except maybe try to defend him. Most of them just let Ford dig his own "hole" deeper and let the rest of the city see the result. In other words, Ford is his own worst enemy.

Last edited:
I guess in your imaginary ideal world the Fords would be Mayors for life, developers wouldn't require permits for anything and picnickers would be cleared from parks with water cannons unless they had all the appropriate paperwork in triplicate.

Pretty well as imaginary as you thinking the Fords will be booted out before the next election, people deciding where developers spend their money and what they can build around town,
and any person occupying a Toronto park around the clock do what ever they feel like doing, even if it means pitching a tent to protect that plot
... Hahaha, Please

Last edited:
Pretty well as imaginary as you thinking the Fords will be booted out before the next election, people deciding where developers spend their money and what they can build around town,
and any person occupying a Toronto park around the clock do what ever they feel like doing, even if it means pitching a tent to protect that plot
... Hahaha, Please

Big difference between dropping a blanket and pitching a tent!

Daniel Dale was at Ford's weigh in this morning and as expected, he did not take any questions from the media. He was 40+ minutes late for the weigh in and last week he was 50+ minutes late last week. Maybe he is sleeping in? The question is... was the AM/PM, snooze or a separate knob for the volume?

FYI, he gained 4 lbs.

Nfitz:
Yeah, you are a little too quick to lay the bigot claim. It is tiring.

AG:
You seem to like controversy yourself, and your posts can be tiring as well. And you are wrong about picnics.
Here is the relevant municipal code with regards to parks.
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_608.pdf

Picnic is explicity described "PICNIC — Social gatherings of between 26 and 200 people." The relevant section is § 608-11.

There's all sorts of prohibitions on activities with regards to parks, mostly to regulate permits for organized sports, prohibit motor vehicle access, impose a curfew between 12:01 and 5:00 AM, prevent dumping, control animals, to respect other park users, and control areas such as gardens and work areas. Nothing to stop a family or a small group of picnicing in a park area not explicitly signed otherwise, while not consuming alcohol, and properly disposing of trash.

Last edited:
Your use of the word 'bigot' to describe the mayor is just as foolish
I've said nothing of the sort in days. I don't see what this has to do with anything.

How does this justify people here possibly making anti-immigrant innuendos, when they want the same picnicing rules applied to Canadians?

Nfitz:
Yeah, you are a little too quick to lay the bigot claim. It is tiring.
I never mentioned it as part of this (though it's hardly a claim - a definition of bigot is "a person who is obstinately devoted to his or her own opinions" - surely this applies to Ford's view on certain subjects) - I was pondering the anti-immigrant innuendos of one of the posters here ... not Rob Ford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back