612     0 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 872     0 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 577     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reminder from earlier today of the Ford's character (especially Doug's)

https://twitter.com/DavidHains

Holy smokes, that one's straight outta the Passive Aggressive Handbook (first edition).

Very telling what some people find funny. Russell Williams' favourite gag as a student was to hide in people's closets and leap out at them, to their horrified surprise.

SummerJoy.jpg

Attachments

• SummerJoy.jpg
    SummerJoy.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 870
Wasn't so long ago you couldn't buy a drink in that area.

Want a glass of vino with your spaghetti dinner? Here's a can of Coke ( pop, that is. )

I wonder if that's why the halfway houses were located there in the first place?

“Every time certain people start acting up it comes right back to life,” Det.-Sgt. Giroux said.

I can guess who he means by "certain people acting up" but, the "back to life" part is interesting. Makes it sound like the investigation, although officially still active, has perhaps cooled down somewhat?

Am I reading that sentence wrong?

"Toronto Councillors stop Rob Ford from pre-autographing street signs"
http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/10...-rob-ford-from-pre-autographing-street-signs/

I think Giroux might mean that when Ford acts up, they get more people calling with information.

Now that Robbie is in hiding, the poem 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' comes to mind. Of course, Sir Percy was a hero - Rob Ford, not so much.

The Scarlet Pimpernel

They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That demned elusive Pimpernel

Now for the eloquent Fordian version (Steak Queen):

'You know what I mean? He’s hiding here, I’m’a hide here. I’m’a—oh, we don’t—f*ck off.'

Be still my beating heart - the poetry, the poetry! Magnificent. <swoon>

Last edited:
Rob Ford as a Scientologist. The answer to the question "He couldn't possibly get any worse, could he?"
A cheating homophobe scam artist ego maniac like L. Ron would definitely appeal to RoFo. The fords would excel at declaring anyone that doesn't agree with them 'subversive.'

Another cringe worthy J W article in the Sun. Ford say he's in trouble for talking to the media...and he talks to the media. "I'm working out like an animal". After drinking like a fish.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/08/rob-ford-in-rehab-hot-water

Don't click it people - don't give Joe W the hits. It's Joe W breaking out the quotes already mentioned above + that Ford didn't know he couldn't call the media and got in trouble with the doctors (so he's calling again, so Joe can write an article about that?) and that rehab is $100K but worth every dime (also, still poor as a church mouse, no doubt).

I've gone from being skeptical but hopeful he was really in rehab to positive he is not. He may be doing some kind of treatment program but overall, it sounds like he and Doug are making up descriptions based on what they've seen in movies. The fact that he's so gung ho and thinking about campaigning and working tells you as much as the fact that he's calling media. It's a sham.

I don't know what to make of the Tim Horton's thing, however. As stupid as these guys are, hard to imagine Rob would get of the house and hit a major public place (and one I am sure is now being inundated by media requests for video footage). But if there were lots of people there, why would the teenager be the only one saying Rob was there? But then, why would I believe Doug that it was him? But then, if it was Doug, wouldn't lots of people be backing up his claim about how social he was? None of it makes any sense. (And let's not get into Doug also saying that a) he won't say where Rob is b) the doctors are asking media to back off because they're putting other clients' safety at risk...)

With a normal person I wouldn't say they need to disclose where they are but these guys have lied boldly so many times about so many things, it's incumbent upon them to provide proof if they want Rob's privacy to be respected.

Another cringe worthy J W article in the Sun. Ford say he's in trouble for talking to the media...and he talks to the media. "I'm working out like an animal". After drinking like a fish.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/08/rob-ford-in-rehab-hot-water

Either he's not actually at a place or the place is not actually a place. He gets "shit" for using his phone and they don't take it away? he uses it again and haven't kicked him out? THE WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT, who is 'bs'ing harder doesn't matter, there is no truth here.

Here's the thing with the Fords. It's always semantics. Rob was never an "addict" of crack cocaine. Those were words that we the rational public used to describe his actions. If you reread his statement of "rehab" RoFo doesn't use the word rehab. He used the word help. We the rational public immediately thought of rehab (because we are
Rational people). Help to the ford
Family may be a fat camp. It may be rob sitting in a basement scratching his balls. We don't really know their twisted definition of the word rehab. There's a certain element of truthiness when dealing with the brothers ford that isn't actually true.

Either he's not actually at a place or the place is not actually a place. He gets "shit" for using his phone and they don't take it away? he uses it again and haven't kicked him out? THE WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT, who is 'bs'ing harder doesn't matter, there is no truth here.

The whole $100k thing is a bit rich. I know Hazelton (one of the best in North America) was USD$30k seven years ago - I doubt it has more than doubled in the interim.

The whole $100k thing is a bit rich. I know Hazelton (one of the best in North America) was USD$30k seven years ago - I doubt it has more than doubled in the interim.

Ford math my friend. Plus he's likely factoring in the cost of booze/drugs to allow him to go through the ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back