1.2K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 4K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget Doug was ranting at Ryerson when Rob decided to announce he actually had done crack. You'd think it would occur to Doug by now he doesn't know as much about his bro's life as he thinks.

Anyone who thought we'd get from "I haven't touched a drop" until the October election without a public drunkenness video obviously hasn't been paying attention but I never thought it would come so soon.

Doug is only interested in his own deniability. If he totally denies that Rob's doing anything wrong, then he gets to act shocked----shocked! when it's proven true.

People are saying that it's sad that Ford has fallen off the wagon. I agree. It is sad when that happens to people. Addiction is a bitch. He must be under a huge amount of stress and pressure with the city watching over his shoulder. But, for all we know, maybe there was no wagon to begin with. Ford said he quit drinking, Doug said he quit drinking. At this point, why should we believe a single thing they ever say? They are proven to be giant liars. In fact, this is probably what Rob Ford wants us to think, that he's fallen off the wagon. Maybe all that happened was he got caught.

Last edited:
People are saying that it's sad that Ford has fallen off the wagon. I agree. It is sad when that happens to people. Addiction is a bitch. He must be under a huge amount of stress and pressure with the city watching over his shoulder. But, for all we know, maybe there was no wagon to begin with. Ford said he quit drinking, Doug said he quit drinking. At this point, why should we believe a single thing they ever say? They are proven to be giant liars. In fact, this is probably what Rob Ford wants us to think, that he's fallen of the wagon. Maybe all that happened was he got caught.

I think he was a dry drunk for about 8 weeks. Thought he proved that he didn't have a problem, and shazam, one small drink and the bottle is gone.

Just imagine what Doug will be saying to Rob tonight. I'd love to hear their private conversations after incidents like these.

Just when I thought this thread had become useless; Rob comes through again. Has there ever been a more unintentionally hilarious public figure before? For a little while, it appeared as though he had smartened up a tad; then this happens... What a complete dolt.

Last edited:
NY Times: Video Shows Toronto’s Mayor Using Jamaican Patois in Obscene Rant About Police Surveillance

Two months after he claimed to have embraced sobriety, Mayor Rob Ford of Toronto was caught on video late Monday complaining about police surveillance of him and his associates in a drunken, obscenity-laced rant peppered with Jamaican patois.

News of the mayor’s affection for patois quickly reached Jamaica, where, by chance, the main story in Tuesday’s print edition of the Kingstown newspaper The Gleaner, about a deal to export medical marijuana to Mr. Ford’s nation, appeared under the headline, “Canada Wants Weed.â€

One Jamaican blogger, Ross Sheil, saluted the Toronto mayor’s obvious ability to entertain, if not govern.

Asked for her reaction, Annie Paul, a Jamaican critic and blogger, joked that Mr. Ford “has serious Yardie cred,†using a word from the local patois denoting a gangster, and gave him credit for at least borrowing obscenities from a dialect so rich in them.

I just had a quick peek through the '23 Things' story in the Star, and one item of which I was previously unaware honestly repulsed me: Ford showed up at Peter Worthington's funeral (after being advised not to), along with a few aides, and handed out "Vote For Ford" fridge magnets to the mourners.

Let me repeat that: Ford invited himself to a man's funeral, treating it as just another self-promotion vehicle on his never-ending whistle-stop tour, and handed out cheesy election paraphernalia. To mourners. At a funeral.

We can laugh at the fat fucking clown and his ridiculous antics all we like, but really, when you get right down to it, Rob Ford is pond scum. He really, really is. The simple lack of respect in that little gesture is mind-boggling, and I didn't even like Worthington!

It's unbelievable to think of him driving himself there and back in that condition (according to Google Maps, the distance from his house to this restaurant is 9.3 km and a 14 minute drive). He couldn't even string a few coherent words together; just imagine how unattentive and oblivious he must be while driving in that state.

Here's a map of the suggested route from his house to Steak Queen. That's an awfully long distance to drive to get fast food. And as if anyone other than himself drove him there.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 407
Just when I thought this thread had become useless; Rob comes through again. Has there ever been a more unintentionally hilarious public figure before? For a little while, it appeared as though he had smartened up a tad; then this happens... What a complete dolt.

This thread is never useless. In fact, a smart Mayoral candidate would be well advised to have his (or HER!) campaign manager hire a team to scour and take notes from this very thread. Everything that has happened is here, with links and even a Google database full of 'Ford-pas'.

CTV just showed another video of Ford at Steak Queen - with Lisi

Edited to add link:
@NatalieCTV: Second Rob Ford video surfaces, appearing to show Mayor meeting with Sandro Lisi at Steak Queen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg90bZEHEIM

Second edit - sorry - WORST video quality ever, but yeah, there it is.

Last edited:
You know, this isn't a stage production put on for your or anyone else's entertainment. This is a (almost) live-on-tv documentary of an alcoholic's spiral to the bottom. Note that none of the staff and patrons at the steak takeout place showed the slightest surprise that he was drinking. It's pretty safe to say he's been drinking off and on since November. He just got caught on film last night. He hasn't hit bottom yet, either, thanks to his enabling family and staff. But he's on his way, especially with his cheerful comment " I was on my own time" which totally belied his publc commitment to stay sober. He is in deep denial.

He's not a dolt. He's an addict.

People who think of him as a source of amusement and entertainment must not have much of a life on their own. Sad.

But I DO share your glee that Doug got caught giving a "100% guarantee that video wasn't shot last night." minutes before Rob said it was. Doug is still yearning to enter provincail politics. Hopefully this will kill any possibility of his candidacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back