444     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 496     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 458     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would they know? I'm a female and don't recall identifying myself as such.

You'd be surprised. Advertising agencies are (theoretically) able to track browsing patterns without the use of tracking cookies.

I'm not exactly sure how they'd know you're female. But they can probably get a general idea of the gender of visitors by tracking which pages visitors came from and go to.

For example, if they see that a visitor from UT was on L'Oreal's website an hour before and then after they visited a women's health site, they'd probably extrapolate that the visitor is female. on the othwe hand, if that visitor started from a college football site, came to UT and was later spotted reading about the Honda S2000, they'd probably extrapolate that he was male.

I know it's hugely sexist, but all they care about is figuring out details about yourself so they can make more money by selling targeted ads.

Edit: I'm not saying that UT or Alexa does this. Its just an explanation of how some advertising and tracking works online.

Last edited:
signed up to say yes, women read this, I have been for a while. We are women. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Also today was just incredible. Madness! I can't believe it. Just wow.
Now back to lurking.

When are people gathering at City Hall tomorrow? I can't be there next week so I want to be there tomorrow.

I think the OPP has to be involved. I also PRAY that the media will eventually pick up on the Mohamed/Ford communication, which to me is far more devastating than the video.

True. Even alexa.com says that females are underrepresented in Urban Toronto.
Edward Skira, you should register this website on alexa.com, so that we can track the website's progress. The rank for urbantoronto.ca keeps rising extremely quickly.

Agreed. It would balance out things. I just hate see threads be empty for 3 days or at the top of the forum. That's not good.

signed up to say yes, women read this, I have been for a while. We are women. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Also today was just incredible. Madness! I can't believe it. Just wow.
Now back to lurking.

:D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back