334     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 219     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 294     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not shock me. I posted earlier anecdotal evidence from someone I met at party claiming they met a former Ford staffer who bragged about being a dealer and "connected". Thanks to recent articles, I think it's Nico Fidani. The name fits with what the guy told me. Again, anecdotal evidence from a drunk guy at a wedding but there it is. But if one staffer came out of the job as a drug dealer, wouldn't shock me if there were more.
I don't think Fidani is currently employed in Ford's office. His name isn't listed here: http://www.toronto.ca/city_directory/pdf/divisions/mayor.pdf MetroMan made it seem as though the person to be named is currently in the office. Also, he said it's someone "prominent".

Last edited:
Does not shock me. I posted earlier anecdotal evidence from someone I met at party claiming they met a former Ford staffer who bragged about being a dealer and "connected". Thanks to recent articles, I think it's Nico Fidani. The name fits with what the guy told me. Again, anecdotal evidence from a drunk guy at a wedding but there it is. But if one staffer came out of the job as a drug dealer, wouldn't shock me if there were more.

I recall several mentions in the ITO about personal/phone contact between Fidani and Lisi.

We already know about Price. He's in the ITO. This is another staffer. I'm keeping the staffer's identity private until tomorrow because I don't want to scoop my source's news story.

The point of the matter is that Ford has loaded his staff with alleged criminals and if the cops lay obstruction charges regarding attempts to obtain the video, Rob won't be the only one coming out in cuffs.

MetroMan, thanks as always. I know you don't want to scoop your source but can you at least tell us if it's a current or former staffer?

The hearing for the wiretaps to hit the public is Wednesday, right?
Last Friday the media lawyers were in court arguing for the release of Project Traveller wiretaps. The judge is currently deciding what to do. This Friday lawyers will be back in court regarding the redacted portions of the Lisi ITO.

It's a current staffer. Ford's office is going to be a mess tomorrow and the heat could take a few staff over the edge. Resignations are contagious as we saw in May.

It's a current staffer. Ford's office is going to be a mess tomorrow and the heat could take a few staff over the edge. Resignations are contagious as we saw in May.
Soon enough, Rob Ford will be done. The sympathy factor would weaken as more people would learn about him. It would be great if we get former Ford Nationalists to join the rally.

Thanks. I have honestly lost all track of any and all court proceedings in this shitshow.

As Mr Lahey would say: looks like some staffers are about to go over shitcliff.

The hearing for the wiretaps to hit the public is Wednesday, right?

Friday. I'm told we can expect a quick judgement so a release as early as Friday is possible. It's more likely though that we'll see more of the Lisi ITO next week -- enough to keep the story front page news. The blows need to keep coming with regularity. Looking at the available material in the pipes, there's no end in sight to this.

I don't think Fidani is currently employed in Ford's office. His name isn't listed here: http://www.toronto.ca/city_directory/pdf/divisions/mayor.pdf MetroMan made it seem as though the person to be named is currently in the office. Also, he said it's someone "prominent".
No, I know. I'm simply saying that it seems like there has been more than one employee of Ford's that has been involved in the drug trade. Which is why it coming out that another is a drug dealer wouldn't surprise me. I didn't phrase myself well. It just kinda confirms to me what that guy told me in the summer.

Not only did The Daily Show lead with the Ford story, but Stewart and guest made a couple of throwaway crack jokes during an otherwise very serious interview.

This can't be real.

Oh, I'm sure everyone wants to see the video, for one reason or another. Mostly prurient curiosity, though I'm sure for many it's that primarily they want the straw-grasping, boneheaded apologists to see and acknowledge the video - which may prove disappointing since the goalpost will quickly shuffle further down the field to "how can we tell what's in the pipe." Hotmail Lawyerâ„¢ Has already primed that by suggesting that the mayor could be smoking tobacco in this video that doesn't exist.

Waiting until you can see the fine details in the video before judging the mayor on his credibility and fitness for office, after the shenanigans of the past three years, strikes me as willful denial more than anything else.

Back in May a columnist put it quite nicely in my opinion when he said that the presumption of innocence did not require us to believe in fairy tales in the face of massive and mounting circumstantial evidence.
I always say, if it was your babysitter that had all this evidence stacked up against them, would you still leave your children in their care pending the results of a court case?

Not only did The Daily Show lead with the Ford story, but Stewart and guest made a couple of throwaway crack jokes during an otherwise very serious interview.

This can't be real.

80sDougFord must be watching:

80sDougFord
Oooooooo. We're on an American TV show. Yeah. If it ain't Airwolf I don't give a f*ck #topoli

Hahahaha!

...and more tonight. Denzil Minan-Wong is joining Michael Thompson in having one foot outside the Executive Committee. Unless some dramatic turn happens, both will be resigning. Thompson may only stay to shepherd the Police budget negotiations while keeping Ford from meddling with the process. Minan-Wong has no reason to stay and was already close to being fired -- I now expect him to leave first.

It's quite amazing the self-destruction of Rob Ford - The politician. Since becoming Mayor, he's gone from having a reasonable half of council support, enabling him to pass some of his policies to pissing off a growing number of former allies, to at least having the executive committee on his side, to not having enough allies to fill the executive committee to now having the majority of the executive committee against him. Who's going to be left standing? Doug, Norm Kelly and Nunziata are a good bet. Everybody else seems to wavering.

How does he expect to get anything accomplished if by some fluke he gets re-elected? Few councillors are in danger of losing their seats and those few are current/former Ford allies. If Ford is again Mayor in 2014, Toronto is going to have an even less productive 4 years than those prior. 8 years of fighting and inaction, we're fucking doomed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back