2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 438     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, not sure about that. First off robbie isn't exactly prone to taking advice. Secondly, a downtown street festival isn't the most predictably friendly zone, read: juice in the face. If that was the plan it would surely be at Ford Fest. Also from a technical perspective they would only be getting audio from rob and not the other side-- although, now that I type it out that does make sense.

I'm sure there was no advice given and Fords team was told what to do by Ford himself.

Perhaps the Ford's actually believe that it is just the media that mistrusts them and felt getting out amongst the people would be the perfect opportunity to show how the people love Rob.

Again, just an uneducated guess.

Perhaps they don't trust anybody anymore and just want recorded proof of everything that happens in case something happens.

That's my guess too.

I’m wondering if she has some plan to attempt to expedite the release of the evidence that the other lawyers are trying to access as well? Would it go to the credibility she not so subtly threatens in her statement?

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories but this almost looks set up to bait the Mayor into a public demonstration of Ford's extensive history of lying. If this isn't intentional, what a perfectly orchestrated karma event.

I don't think it's a conspiracy and never have. It's also a stretch to think this is another 'set up'. Conversations and and complicity between presumably some lefty mastermind, the lawyer and a 27-year old instructor that went off exactly according to plan?

This is all of robbie's doing and he's left himself open to this kind of opportunity. It's not a witch-hunt if the person is actually a witch.

Yeah, to get such a hot shot lawyer for a minor assault charge is interesting. A failed attempt at throwing a beverage (as opposed to say acid or bodily fluids) shouldn't amount to much especially with a guilty plea. Not a day in jail, but most likely probation, fine, community service and/or court orders.

Perhaps she felt the need to get a hot shot lawyer since Ford's family is very rich? Just a thought.

Make your own caption. More Ford pics in my photo thread http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/9722-My-Toronto/page150

robford3.jpg

I'll need to think about this one :rolleyes:

But can't Ford learn to stand beside his partners and smile pleasantly for a few minutes? It seems like he can do it for a few seconds, but then gets bored and wanders off like a child.

Just look at this photo:
DcNEgR3.jpg

And no, it's not a Photoshop job :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that the charges may be dropped if Heinen is as smart as her past makes her seems. A few key items requested in discovery should change the Mayor's tune real quick although IANAL!

If Rob Ford can find a couple of witnesses who will come forward (not anonymously), then his credibility would be irrelevant - the credibility of the witnesses would be what counts.

Yeah, to get such a hot shot lawyer for a minor assault charge is interesting. A failed attempt at throwing a beverage (as opposed to say acid or bodily fluids) shouldn't amount to much especially with a guilty plea. Not a day in jail, but most likely probation, fine, community service and/or court orders.

But it seems that she might not plead guilty, or would take it to trial only to later plead guilty. I imagine showing no contrition like this would increase the severity of the punishment by a substantial amount. It would also be another oportunity for Ford to recover some legal costs.

I'll need to think about this one :rolleyes:

But can't Ford learn to stand beside his partners and smile pleasantly for a few minutes? It seems like he can do it for a few seconds, but then gets bored and wanders off like a child.

Just look at this photo:
DcNEgR3.jpg

And no, it's not a Photoshop job :rolleyes:

That picture is hilarious! He looks like a brat kid that is sulking because his mom won't give him anymore crackers.

Photo 1: What is up with the strands of ??? wound around his feet?

Photo 2: For a more extreme example of the same, see the CP24 video of RF at the photo op 'opening' of the Sherbourne St. Bike lanes.

If Rob Ford can find a couple of witnesses who will come forward (not anonymously), then his credibility would be irrelevant - the credibility of the witnesses would be what counts.

But it seems that she might not plead guilty, or would take it to trial only to later plead guilty. I imagine showing no contrition like this would increase the severity of the punishment by a substantial amount. It would also be another oportunity for Ford to recover some legal costs.

A very petty offence (if there was one - recall the presumption of innocence), such as slurped splashing, would result in a very minor penalty, regardless of the plea entered.

if a prosecution of the assault charge goes forward the case would be The Crown (Her Majesty) v. the accused. RF would be 'the victim', not a party, and so would not be able to claim costs.

Another thought: Perhaps her lawyer is disgusted enough with RF to volunteer her services?

He took her case Pro bono, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back