News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 349     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 910     1 

RMT says Goodbye to Toronto

Slightly disappointed to open this thread and not see the Admiral announce himself winning the lottery and retiring in a posh countryside town in the UK.
I thought that too.... I'd best change the title.

I don't think I'll ever sell the Cabbagetown house. My adult children need to live somewhere, and there's no chance they'll be able to afford to live in the city. My neighbour just bought a condo and gave her CT house to her recently divorced daughter and grandkids so that they'd have somewhere to live.

Slightly disappointed to open this thread and not see the Admiral announce himself winning the lottery and retiring in a posh countryside town in the UK.
I know if I were to win the lottery I'd vanish from Toronto quicker than a fart in the wind.

I'd be happy in a middle sized city like Groningen in the Netherlands.

I don't know that I could be completely happy in just one place; my desire for fine dining, out and at home, demands access to many of benefits of a big city, and particularly a diverse one, with a good culinary scene; I also like art films, and jazz bars, and an exquisite cappuccino made just so. Can't get these things just anywhere.

On the other hand, I love nature, the idea of a well designed stone/wood cabin w/picture windows looking out to a gently sloped ravine with a creek spilling over gentle rapids and waterfalls going down to a crisp, pristine lake, while burning some good chunks of Maple in my wood-burning fire place really works for me; except in Blackfly season, when I want to flee to the City. LOL

I'll just have to win a bigger jackpot. :p

Until you cannot no longer drive a car and have to rely on public transit, cycling, taxis, uber, or walk.
Several of my senior friends have moved to Port Hope and Cobourg. When they need to come into Toronto for doctors or visits, they jump on the VIA and make a nice day of Toronto before fleeing.

I'd be happy in a middle sized city like Groningen in the Netherlands.
My pick:

1677076500997.png

Back