News   Apr 26, 2024
 249     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 483     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.4K     4 

Riverside

It looks like La Carnita is set to open next week, according to their instagram. The Riverside stretch is starting to become densely populated with a great mix of restaurants.

Also, i thought this thread could use a bit of love.

While I completely understand the motivation of the BIA to call it the Riverside Bridge, that's not the name of the bridge. Most commonly called the Queen Street Bridge (which seems to be the name the City uses). I wish I could find the link, but there was a piece somewhere in the past 5 years or so where someone researched the issue and concluded that the bridge was still officially called the Queen Street Viaduct, based on old Council resolutions, even if that name is rarely used today.

Cool trolling tip: anger local realtors by showing up to the festival with some friends and repeatedly refer to the neighbourhood as Queen Broadview Village.

Riverside, Riverdale, Leslieville, whatever. It's what real estate agents decide, really.

When I first moved into Riverdale (then loosely defined as east of Cabbagetown, south of Browning, west of Pape, north of Gerrard), everything else was either east or south Riverdale. All of a sudden there was Leslieville, Prime Riverdale, Playter Estates, Riverside, The Pocket, Old Riverdale, Greektown ...

Whatever sells, I guess.

Cool trolling tip: anger local realtors by showing up to the festival with some friends and repeatedly refer to the neighbourhood as Queen Broadview Village.

Riverside is actually one that the real estate agents did not make up. Or if they did, they did it in 1884:
Riverside.JPG

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=569b757ae6b31410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Attachments

• Riverside.JPG
    Riverside.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 969
Table17 announced Friday that their last service will be July 11th. The building / assets have been for sale for a bit, so the announcement doesn't come as a huge surprise, though they'll certainly be missed in the area. According to Colliers (10mb PDF), they're looking to sell as a turnkey operation. Since they're now running the Broadview Hotel, seems like the capital will be able to be put to good use soon.

Great resto... on the other hand if the same people will be moving into the Broadview hotel, I'm down with that.

Great resto... on the other hand if the same people will be moving into the Broadview hotel, I'm down with that.

Apparently the Table 17 crew will also be managing the restaurant attached to the new theatre at Dundas & Carlaw.

Rave reviews of both opening show & the Crow's Nest. We're going to check it out tomorrow.

Apparently the Table 17 crew will also be managing the restaurant attached to the new theatre at Dundas & Carlaw.

Rave reviews of both opening show & the Crow's Nest. We're going to check it out tomorrow.

We have been very impressed by both the Civic at the Broadview Hotel and Gare de l'Est at Dundas & Carlaw. We have had memorable meals at both so far in 2018.

Back