News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Riverdale

Apologies if this is a duplicate of somebody else's post but I can't recall seeing it.

Driving along Gerrard today, just east of Broadview, I spotted MR CIAO!

It's open late and boasts "fried pizza" which is hardening my arteries as I type this.

Never had fried pizza before.

http://mrciao.ca/

It's a great spot. Wine on tap, and the pizza is awesome. We've been a bunch of times, and it's always been great. The white pizza is fantastic. Also, they now deliver.

Based on Ex-Montreal Girl's post, and reetard's recommendation, we ordered from Mr. Ciao last night. Two arugula salads, two fried polenta appetizers and two deluxe pizzas. We inadvertently ended up with more food than we needed, but we both really liked it. Not sure I noticed a *huge* difference between fried pizza dough and thin crust pizza, but as someone who hates chewy, underdone pizza crust, and who always asks for my pizza "well done", I loved it.

With pasta you get egg roll?

If I recall the menu from last night, they have pizza egg rolls. Didn't try them, though.

We found the pizza egg rolls a bit too dull. They were the disappointment on the menu. They're literally cheese and pepperoni in an egg roll wrap. Blah. But everything else is great.

We found the pizza egg rolls a bit too dull. They were the disappointment on the menu. They're literally cheese and pepperoni in an egg roll wrap. Blah. But everything else is great.

Actually, they sound gross. And kinda redundant. If it were me, I'd be thinking crispy eggplant, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, maybe some ground veal in a goat cheese moosh and then a fried pizza dough wrapper.

I keep hoping to come across pizza like I get here while in south Florida. Best ever. "The Queen of Sicily" rules!

BTW: How come there's a Best Burger thread but no best pizza thread? :) Shall I start one? I love the dough at Factory Girl on Danforth.

Rogers Internet - slow

For the past week Rogers has been experiencing issues that result in extremely slow internet service, in the area from Broadview to Pape and Danforth to Gerrard. They have been unable to correct the problem all week. If you are experiencing slow internet, then give then a call and they will rebate you for a few days of non-service. I'd rather have the fast internet that a few days rebates.

I wonder if this is a result of the cold temperatures or just old equipment?

Back