News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 568     0 

Regent Park Phase 3 General

230 Oak is a steal right now compared to the shoebox condos being built today. They put the money in the right places while renovating the suites.

Sewell conveniently leaves out that Daniels has an appalling aesthetic track record, consistently hiring Kirkor to crank out garbage projects at alarming rates. And when Mitch actually springs for a capable architect like Diamond, the result is so destructively value engineered that it hardly resembles something that that firm is capable of.

"A good developer?" Not even close.

A community consultation regarding the Phase 1 buildings was held a few years ago and was attended by representatives from Daniels and the architect. It brought to light a number of strange/stupid decisions that went into the design and layouts of the larger 2+ bedroom units. Not sure if anyone here remembers the specifics, but there was a lot of evidence that they basically had no idea what they were doing and didn't bother to ask the people who were living there what they actually wanted before hand.

Now if they can only get rid of the Moss Park and River Street towers...

AoD

I am looking forward to a Moss Park project for years. I would prefer Regent Park project had happened at Moss Park. The St Lawrence to Moss Park transition is a bit sudden and shocking.

I am looking forward to a Moss Park project for years. I would prefer Regent Park project had happened at Moss Park. The St Lawrence to Moss Park transition is a bit sudden and shocking.

I think Regent Park had to go first just because of upkeep and other reasons - the opportunity for intensification (hence funding( is probably much more limited at Moss Park.

AoD

Are there plans to revitalize Moss Park in the future?

Not sure about current plans (I am sure it must have been discussed) but there were past plans that would see the block broken up and existing buildings retrofitted (not wholesale removal).

AoD

More demolition pics:

23465596522_1e618a05f8_h.jpg

23278409210_f7ab3f1cde_h.jpg

23548076956_c7139ccbab_h.jpg

22945922374_93c72c8d3f_h.jpg

South of Dundas St, all buildings are gone. Another new street has begun construction.

23491705681_4fbc7cb5c7_h.jpg

22945919564_dea6932ecc_h.jpg

I believe it got cut to 20 storeys

Back