News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Regency Yorkville (Plazacorp/HiRise, 18s, Turner Fleischer) COMPLETE

The Bay street side is turning out fine, it's the ass end that could use some help. I love This first shot, I think it says it all.

1795068291_f5e734d9ba_b.jpg

The window frames look to have steel or aluminum accents, very deco.

1795068283_8319467e12_b.jpg

1795068275_30f0b6bbb1_b.jpg

1795901128_d316208fe5_b.jpg

Actually, I agree though I don't think Dan is saying everything needs to be all glass. This building has some nice lines and some poor design as well. The best thing about Yorkville is the layering of styles. Too bad that Concord wasn't able to do this with the rail lands.

I agree that the Bay St frontage looks quite nice but that theres way too much blank concrete on the back side. This is quite an exclusive building with those price ranges... the individual units seem like they must all be quite large as are those corner balconies, lots of useable space there!

Once again, blank concrete shall be covered by phase two--when the ugly plaza (second cup, silly little over-priced junk shops etc) beside Regency is bought out and redeveloped (within 5 years is my guess) the blank city-mandated concrete wall will be hidden--by a teeple highrise? (I hope. Or another Stern:)

Once again, blank concrete shall be covered by phase two--when the ugly plaza (second cup, silly little over-priced junk shops etc) beside Regency is bought out and redeveloped (within 5 years is my guess) the blank city-mandated concrete wall will be hidden--by a teeple highrise? (I hope. Or another Stern:)

That theoretical phase two will be sandwiched between the 100 Yorkville tower and Regency... I'd love to see what they come up with! (My guess is full floor suites with a large single retail opportunity for a significant flagship).

Boy, somebody took a bath on this project! The economics probably started looking wonky back in 2005 when the project was running on its 6th year of development. I would guess that the developer completes this project only to save face with the old buyers and avoid having his reputation decimated in the industry. Poor job all around imo- tacky design, marketing and execution. What a waste of an important gateway location.

"Buy one of the few remaining suites before another celebrity does!"

You call that a sales pitch? I call it desperate pandering to the bourgeois class. Replace 'celebrity' with SUCKER and I would concur with the statement.

Vultur, for once my cynicism is in step with yours. This condo has looked like an amateur production from the start. The one consolation that seems to be coming about as this building is nearing completion is that the number of exterior treatments proposed in the artists' renderings seems to have dropped by one or two, thus simplifying somewhat the fussy (and still inelegant) public face. Bully for the cash crunch.

I agree with vultur and interchange and wonder if this corner isn't much like the Talon Trump fiasco? ie, will 100 Yorkville be finished and occupied before the Regency? The Regency almost looks like a Daniels production.

If 100 Yorkville is a 5/10 Four Seasons a 8/10 than Regency is a 2/10 while anything by Daniels is 0/10.

Which building looks higher end: 18 Yorkville or the Regency?

Looks fine.A bigger concern is how crap 18 yorkville looks with the window treatments and garbage in front of all that glass.

Back