News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 496     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Real estate agents - why do you do this?

Basically, Community College level not University level. Watching some of these agents makes me realize the reason they're good at their job is because they are actually quite stupid.:p
Some of the most ignorant people I have ever met with poor problem solving skills are university level people, while some of the smartest went to community college (at least in Canada). Worse, many university level people didn't even know they were stupid since they believed that since they have a degree in some business or art school, paid for by their parents, that they must be smart. Sure they can study. Sure they can work hard. Doesn't mean they can work smart. And being ignorant and conceited is a bad combination. Many programmers out of good colleges like SAIT or BCIT are better than university computer science people since they concentrate on programming, not theory. All a masters degree says is you have the money to stay in school longer. I'll take a community college graduate with 5 years of real world experience over a masters owner with 7 years of theory. You sir are an ass and why I prefer working in America. At least they respect experience and intelligence over a piece of paper. Too much academic snobbery in Canada. Unfortunately I am back here in my homeland with miserable people like you for the time being.

I like the videos with generic placeholder titles which the agent/videographer didn't bother to change or remove, like ("Background Music").

I'm also appalled by some of the descriptions and some of the photos. No joke, I've put more effort into some of my Craiglist ads for items under 100 bucks.

What some of these real estate agents fail to understand I guess is that if I see such crappy ads on MLS, I will never hire them as a agent for me.

Real estate agents are very important in flourishing real estate business. Real estate agents achieve their goals by their communication skills, knowledge of business and art of persuading the customers.

LOL.....maybe %20 are professionals,the rest are a step higher than a use car salesman.......

I like the videos with generic placeholder titles which the agent/videographer didn't bother to change or remove, like ("Background Music").

I'm also appalled by some of the descriptions and some of the photos. No joke, I've put more effort into some of my Craiglist ads for items under 100 bucks.

What some of these real estate agents fail to understand I guess is that if I see such crappy ads on MLS, I will never hire them as a agent for me.

Eug,

I agree! But there is a service for everyone out there. Most often, the ads with poor/no photography, lack of room dimensions and poorly drafted desriptions are from low fee agents. At least, I hope the sellers aren't paying a premium for that type of listing!

I believe it should be mandatory to include a floor plan with each property when listed on MLS.

That looks good. I'd also like to see this mandatory (as well as square footage). If it does, you'll have a lot of very unhappy realtors though!

Nice work, but floorplan may be overkill because some clients have to see it in person not on screen as maybe they open-mind somewhat. Think of it like staging, some people cant imagine and dont know so we must guide them.

Nice site Grace, why no floorplan for all listings? you knows you can do it on a program yourself too.

Forget the rest come be with the best, also im never too busy for your referal!!!!

That looks good. I'd also like to see this mandatory (as well as square footage). If it does, you'll have a lot of very unhappy realtors though!

There have been some changes made and square footage is now mandatory - along with a field where we have to say the source of the footage (ie. Builder or floor plan company).

Some of the most ignorant people I have ever met with poor problem solving skills are university level people, while some of the smartest went to community college (at least in Canada). Worse, many university level people didn't even know they were stupid since they believed that since they have a degree in some business or art school, paid for by their parents, that they must be smart. Sure they can study. Sure they can work hard. Doesn't mean they can work smart. And being ignorant and conceited is a bad combination. Many programmers out of good colleges like SAIT or BCIT are better than university computer science people since they concentrate on programming, not theory. All a masters degree says is you have the money to stay in school longer. I'll take a community college graduate with 5 years of real world experience over a masters owner with 7 years of theory. You sir are an ass and why I prefer working in America. At least they respect experience and intelligence over a piece of paper. Too much academic snobbery in Canada. Unfortunately I am back here in my homeland with miserable people like you for the time being.

Anecdotal evidence ftw!

Of course, to anybody that has ever been exposed to the concepts of logic and sound reasoning, the claim that university students are dumber than community college students is plain idiotic. Sure, there may be some community college that are smarter than an average university student and there are some uni students that won't even be able to cut it at said community college. But on average? Or if you take the top performing university students? You're telling me that people entering medical school are idiots? You're a piece of work.

As to the claim that people prefer work experience to academic credentials, it depends solely on the needs of the job and on the field. In fields like engineering and computer science? Advanced degrees are usually for the purpose of doing research/pushing the boundaries of technology forward. Guess whose discoveries allowed us to continue pushing Moore's law by discovering graphene (2010 Nobel Prize in Physics)? That's right, not community college programmers, but academics at the University of Manchester.

Seriously, people like you (and there are a lot) irritate me to no end. Your heads are so far up your asses in your own superiority that you feel the need to put down everybody around you. Especially if they, god forbid, succeed through academia. Because that somehow means they're inferior while the reality is, you could never even cut it in academia or any actually demanding field.

I believe not only for real estate agents, but the whole thing is quite the eccentric. State on the sales price, the transaction ends of the upper part of the Commission, if you are using the seller's agent, they are receiving compensation.

I believe, not only for real estate agents, but the whole thing is quite eccentric. Sales price on the country, the upper end of the transaction committee, if you are using a seller's agent, they get compensation.

Real estate agents always think about for their self and for this they try to convince the investors if the the investor doesn't have proper knowledge according to their benefits.

IMO, Some individuals get a bit overconfident because they think they look good, have charisma, and then choose to work part time because it will supplement their income from their other day time jobs. They get their license then the first thing they will do is ask all their friends to buy through them. Since most people require a RE agent during the process, to them, you might as well buy through them so they make a buck or two from you because you know them and can "trust" them.

After their friends, it gets a lot tougher because they would actually work harder and do cold calls, but they'll get lazy and hopefully their friends will help by asking their own friends and refer them over. They can always be part of any real estate conversations because they're "in" the industry and even if they didn't sell the unit, they can always talk about it with other people with common interests to establish some reptoire or network. Social levelling up perhaps.

It's a good excuse to look good, lease a nice car, look successful without having to explain why they didn't make it in their other field, and it's a nice ponzi scheme out there in general because it's not that easy for the average person to differentiate good real estate agents from the bad ones without doing some homework. If I had to choose I would go for a good full time RE agent, than a PT because at least they spent all their time in RE because that's their main source of income.

Last edited:

Back