News   Apr 26, 2024
 543     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 394     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 582     0 

Ravines on Humberwood (720 Humberwood Blvd, GreatGulfHomes, 2s)

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
City Planning report from November 2007: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-8480.pdf

Rezoning application to permit 39 townhouse units and two, 29-storey apartment buildings containing 615 units, as what appears to be phase 3+4 of Tridel's Mansions of Humberwood development (http://www.tridel.com//humberwood/)

The architectural design seems pretty similar to phases 1+2 but with much smaller footprints, the new towers are to be built west of phase 1, you can see the edge of phase 1 building footprint in the proposed site plan

720Humberwood_north.jpg

720Humberwood_site-1.jpg

Phase 1+2 Site Plan / Phase 1 Exterior
site_plan.jpg
humberwood_300_400.jpg

Two more of these! Like Infinity, a repeat I could have lived without. Oh well, at least I won't see them but occassionally, and usually at a distance.

great thread !!!!!!

I've been waiting for more info on the these freehold townhouses for a long time , who will be the builder ???? and when is registration going to start ??? also wondering about the price

please keep me updated if you guys find out any new info

thanks

I know that the Finch West LRT may terminate at Humber College and Highway 27, but it will be about 2 km from the building site (across the Humber River) as the bird flies. For such a large project, shouldn't it have been planned to be more closer to the terminal of the LRT?

My guess is that builders could be trying to have the Finch West LRT extended to serve the site better.

Surprised that they may be going ahead with this...spoke with a Tridel rep a couple of years ago, she told me that Humberwood (phase 1+2) was their slowest selling project in the whole GTA..and that was then....

^ once you see major construction start of Woodbine live , they will sell out fast,

did the tridel reps , give you any info on the future townhouses next to it ???

slickpete, no, this was a couple of years ago, I was speaking to someone at the Ovation site in Mississauga, and we were just talking generally, when she mentioned that Humberwood was their 'problem child'...

I think you are right about the Woodbine live impact...

hmmmm.... last time i drove past that area was this summer , all I saw was land full of dirt ( no grass) fenced off from the public , but there were no signs ??? , I'm guessing it takes a year before they get everything approved and start construction

last I heard from the City ... the application was submitted and continues to be "in the process" not yet approved

^ hopefully it gets approved , it will give me more time to work and save up for a bigger down payment , hopefully the price would be lower due to the market dropping , keeping my fingers crossed

does anyone know of any other free-hold townhouse projects near by ????

Update

just got a meeting notice letter in the mail about a
Community Consultation Meeting for 720 humberwood blvd. (74 townhouse units)

Dec 17 2008 , 7-9pm Humberwood community centre gymnasium #850 humberwood blvd.

input on project , view plans , ask questions etc........

So does that mean that the two 29 storey towers have been cancelled in favour of 35 more townhomes (to add to the 39 planned as shown in the first post?)

Back