News   Apr 26, 2024
 497     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 373     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 575     0 

Raccoons

I'd like to know this as well. And if we are going to see a new surcharge for the new bin on our bills.

Our green bin used to be mostly diapers, now it's mostly cat litter. Nothing like the foul stench of stale piss to keep the coons at bay.

LOL! Very true. My son's just out of diapers now but when our green bin was full of dirty diapers, we never had any issues with raccoons. Our second little one is just starting to eat solids so soon enough those dirty diapers will be back in full force to fend off them raccoons once again! :p

LOL! Very true. My son's just out of diapers now but when our green bin was full of dirty diapers, we never had any issues with raccoons. Our second little one is just starting to eat solids so soon enough those dirty diapers will be back in full force to fend off them raccoons once again! :p

There's always adult diapers. Can you wait?

Apparently raccoons don't like the smell of ammonia which is similar to urine.

More likely the scent of wolf may help, if it doesn't rain. You can buy wolf urine, but I would try letting your neighbour's dog (cousin to the wolf) take a walk on your property first to see if that works.

The Green Bin 2.0:
[video=youtube;t_JgLdNgMtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_JgLdNgMtY[/video]

^ That's a great video. I almost felt bad for them at the end when they walked away with their head hung low. Notice I said almost. :)

Our green bin used to be mostly diapers, now it's mostly cat litter. Nothing like the foul stench of stale piss to keep the coons at bay.

I wonder if that explains why we don't have problems with them at my house. (The fact my property backs onto a parking lot, and not a laneway, likely plays a big role, too.)

I wonder if that explains why we don't have problems with them at my house. (The fact my property backs onto a parking lot, and not a laneway, likely plays a big role, too.)

Raccoons will evolve to soon find a way to get inside the bins.

1419293213923.jpg

Except for those who don't believe in evolution.

Raccoons will evolve to soon find a way to get inside the bins.

Except for those who don't believe in evolution.

Hah. That video broke my heart, actually. But I have no doubt that Rocky Raccoon will prevail.

Incidentally, last night I got a call -- on my mobile, for the record -- from Forum Research. The survey asked me stuff about whether I thought Tory was doing a good job, whether I thought the province should pitch into to ease our financial woes, the TTC, the DRL, the state of the Gardiner and what should be done with it, who I voted for etc. At the very end, there was a question if I had a raccoon problem and whether I'd be willing to participate in a film about raccoons.

^ That's a great video. I almost felt bad for them at the end when they walked away with their head hung low. Notice I said almost. :)

I hope they got some treats after expending all that energy! It's only fair, you have to pay the talent for their work in your video. ;)

Back