News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 923     1 

Questions about potential locales for a series of comic stories.

But it's also west of Bay, meaning you would have to head east to get there.

But UTS may be too far north, even for a giant robot.

Having pride for my former, fancy, private high school, I'll suggest St. Michael's College School, located at St. Clair and Bathurst.

Winston Churchill Park is 2 seconds away and offers fantastic views of downtown Toronto. It could serve as a great backdrop for this little battle scene of yours.

The school does not house any 10 year olds however, so you might wanna check out UCC over on Avenue Rd. if that's gonna be a problem. Good luck on this comic book, and once completed you should consider posting some of the drawings of Toronto on here.

I think both of those places are too far away, unfortunately.

But do not worry, it was always my intention to show you all the pages once they're done. I'm very grateful to all of you for taking the time to share your knowledge and help me represent the city we all love so much.

Although I may have to push this story back in favour of an easier-to-draw one about a giant Sasquatch atop the CN Tower. You'll get to see this one too, don't worry.

Didn't have to push this story back, after all.

Here's the (unlettered) first page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38269330@N05/3523733462/

I told my collaborator that although I thought Front and Bay would be best, it could be set anywhere downtown as long as it looked accurate and we see the CN Tower in the background. He didn't mention where he set it. I think maybe the robot is on Bay St near Front facing west?

Looks very cool...can't wait to see the rest. Did you settle on a school for the little evil geniuses?

It will either be U of T or Ryerson.

I have to figure out where the robot is. (As it's location on the first page determines its point of origin). My collaborator used a shot of downtown seen from a distance as a reference photo for the background, so I don't know where the robot is exactly.

Here's what he said:

"The reference photo I used was this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/st-even/2409677584/

To be precise,I used the left side as it is the one with the tower"

Although I think he meant right side, as that's the one with the tower.

Anyone up to the challenge of figuring out what street the robot (again, seen here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/38269330@N05/3523733462/) is on?

You could still have little kids at U of T or Ryerson. Both schools have camps in the summer.

I'm not at all worried about having a kid attend a University, in addition to the camps you mentioned, I'm certain a child exhibiting a high enough level of intelligence and academic achievement could go to University early. Our juvenile mad scientist would certainly be able to do so.

What I have to do is try to figure out where certain buildings on the right side in the reference photo I linked to previously (and here it is again http://www.flickr.com/photos/st-even/2409677584/) are, like the building with the orange dome atop it, the gray building behind it, and the rightmost building (with the antenna atop it) as these are the buildings that appear on the first page.

I know the photo was taken from Radio City's North tower at Carlton and Jarvis, and since we can see the CN Tower in the photo, I know the photographer was looking southwest when he took the picture. So I need to go to Carlton and Jarvis and travel southwest from there and see if I can find the buildings mentioned above.

I know it's likely to be futile, but I'm going to try because I'm crazy and dedicated like that.

By the way, I should be able to show you guys the second page soon.

So hey, good news. I think I found the rightmost building from the reference photo yesterday, if I'm right, it's address is 40 Gerrard St E, which places it right across the street from Ryerson's Theatre building, and a campus park, which I thought would be a good place for the robot to start his rampage from.

Because you know, a giant robot built at Ryerson wouldn't fit in the University itself.

So if anyone happens to have good photos of said park, or can point me to people that do, it would be appreciated.

Back