News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 343     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 907     1 

Queen W & Portland fire

Streetcars Return to Regular Routing on Queen Street

Queen Street West between Shaw Street and Spadina Avenue re-opened for TTC streetcars at 12:03 a.m. on Saturday, March 1st. The 501 Queen streetcar has returned to regular routing both eastbound and westbound.

The 501 Queen had been on a diversion following the fire on February 20th.

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/501returns.html

Has anyone taken any pictures of the ongoing demolition? I was there yesterday and it was eerie to see the contents of people's apartments being ripped out...

how surpise ~

at first sight,i think it like the scene of 9.11 ,how terrible....

Minus the exuberant loss-of-life of course. It'll bounce back and better than before with the absence of time-warped artitecture.

Welcome to UT immi4ever!

Has anyone taken any pictures of the ongoing demolition?

February 23:
265984093_87GG3-L.jpg

March 12:
265984147_w8kmU-L.jpg

I hope there is some news in the near future of re-construction on the site. I check the Dukes Cycle site regularly and they have found a new location in the area, would be great to see them return to a new building on the same site as well as the other businesses that were on the block.

Hope whatever goes there can somehow retain the look of the surounding buildings.

I was thinking that the Borroughs building would find a tenant quickly now. I thought Duke's would fit in there really well. I guess not.

Does anyone know of any recently built 2 or 3 story commercial buildings in the city that would fit in well with the streetscape on Queen West?

Check out the Fram development in Port Credit. Quite nicely done. Otherwise, Toronto sucks at recreating redbrick 3-4 story retail units. Maybe Clewes to the rescue yet again?

The Fram development? Is that on the south side of Lakeshore as you are entering Port Credit? If so I think I know the buildings you mean. I have to go check them out again.

Sorry I am not familar with Clewes. Is that a developer?

Back