Toronto Q Loft | ?m | 8s | Royal Queen | TACT Architecture

I just wish they'd eliminate the top balcony portion and just continue the minimalist brick base up to the top of the building. Balconies and setbacks so low to the ground look small townish.

I agree, I love the look but it resembles a small community college at first glance, IMO.
I dont really see how a 3+bdrm condo would be appealing, if you can afford that price range you are better off in townhome or head for the burbs. Unless you are a senior citizen, then I can see how you would appreciate the low maintenance and no stairs.

I live in a downtown condo with two kids. We don't all want to live in townhomes or the burbs.

Just curious what size place you have and how much the condo fees are ?

Just walked by today and noticed the sign. Just wondering if anyone has heard any prices on the units? First time buyer looking for a place.

April 03, 2011
5588299786_0efa13faed_b.jpg

5588298134_f4aeafc7af_b.jpg

5587696919_95f25fa857_b.jpg

5588287456_8e14f821b8_b.jpg

^ Absolutely. Auto-oriented strip malls have no place anywhere in the city in this day and age, but least of all in the old parts like Queen Street.

^ Absolutely. Auto-oriented strip malls have no place anywhere in the city in this day and age, but least of all in the old parts like Queen Street.

I won't miss it either, but these strip malls sometimes present some interesting ideas for more creative city building. For instance, retaining the L shape that this strip mall has could allow for landscaped patio space. On the other hand, this kind of junk should be obliterated before people get nostalgic.

^ I agree that as lousy as that KFC is and as much as I'd love to see it replaced, at least it doesn't have a parking lot fronting onto Queen.

I'm quite impressed with what's planned here.

They've had the property for 10 years--Purchased October 2001 - 675 000 $

In terms of the architecture itself, it's lacking in character. It looks like it'll be an unremarkable new Modernist infill project. Retaining the L shape would have been one gesture to make the design more engaging.

Back