News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 939     1 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

from Jan, 2009, until January 3, 2011, Obama had both chambers of Congress, and still accomplished little. Yes, Obamacare passed, which is something, but did the Democrats eliminate the filibuster or debt ceiling, or renew the assault weapons ban? Nope.

I forgot this is the USA.

Just because you register with one party you can vote with the other.

from Jan, 2009, until January 3, 2011, Obama had both chambers of Congress, and still accomplished little. Yes, Obamacare passed, which is something, but did the Democrats eliminate the filibuster or debt ceiling, or renew the assault weapons ban, or reform the welfare or tax system to reduce income disparity? Nope.
Obama, while bright and charismatic and an effective commuter, was not inclined or very good at dealmaking with Congress. He also seemed to miscalculate and thought that attempts to be bipartisan would get somewhere, while the GOP was determined to oppose him regardless.

from Jan, 2009, until January 3, 2011, Obama had both chambers of Congress, and still accomplished little. Yes, Obamacare passed, which is something, but did the Democrats eliminate the filibuster or debt ceiling, or renew the assault weapons ban, or reform the welfare or tax system to reduce income disparity? Nope.

Nor did he raise the minimum wage, which was in his platform.

Nor did he legislate paid sick days.

etc etc.

Last edited:
That's the great thing about the US.

You can win the presidency but not have any major power in any of the 2 chambers. If the Democrats win the house and/or senate they can effectively neuter the president.

There's nothing great about that.

What it means is that by undemocratic means (the U.S. system is not remotely democratic in the proper sense of the word, but neither is ours.....)

You can thwart the will of the people and obstruct accountability.

For all its failings, I prefer our system, because its easier to hold a party accountable for its success of failure.

IMG_5953.jpeg

How oddly worded. He is issuing a pardon to people who were never arrested or prosecuted? So what are they pardoned from? Also, it is granted to people in possession of marijuana?

Note that it appears it only applies to federal crimes.

What’s Biden going to do to secure the US southern border? There’s a new horde of coming?

I don’t see why Biden can’t block the border to free up money for Ukraine. It’s a dual win.

Last edited:
Biden does a good summation here. I wish the sound crew had done better with the microphone work, as Biden's volume dropped and rose.

Anyone who votes for Trump can't say to be misled. Willfully ignorant, yes.

Last edited:
Biden does a good summation here. I wish the sound crew had done better with the microphone work, as Biden's volume dropped and rose.

Anyone who votes for Trump can't say to be misled. Willfully ignorant, yes.
What a fantastic speech. I absolutely love it. No punches pulled whatsoever - I'm stunned by how beautifully he outlined what a piece of shit Trump is. Everyone needs to watch this.

Placing this here, as non-political, but substantial U.S. news.

A large commercial ship collided with the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

The bridge has collapsed.

Multiple cars in the water, at least 7 people the subject of emergency search.

The bridge is a key part of I-695.

I'll bring one picture forward from the linked story, credit as noted:

1711444408383.png

Last edited:

Back