News   May 21, 2024
 8     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 393     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 352     0 

Population of Toronto (Including Census Counts)

Mississauga's growth rate is really slowing down, only about 6.5% last time around down from about 10%. Next time around Toronto and Mississauga will likely have similar population changes !

Mississauga's growth rate is really slowing down, only about 6.5% last time around down from about 10%. Next time around Toronto and Mississauga will likely have similar population changes !
I don't think Mississauga slowed down that much, considering the undercount, it would have grown by more than 6.5% (maybe 8-9%?). It would only be normal for Mississauga and Toronto to be growing at similar rates now though, Mississauga has only a few very small pieces of undeveloped land around Hurontario and the NW corner now, and is about as dense as Etobicoke and Scarborough.

I think the outflux of bigger businesses has had something to do with that. Used to be the mecca for production, now production has gone overseas.

Well Kitchener is now the 4th densest Metropolis in Canada... At least were good for something haha

Really? I have not seen any ranking of density (where is the list?) but your post made me look and the City of Kitchener has a density of 1,602 people per sq km.....if that is our 4th highest density...we are more spread out than I thought!

Does anyone actually live in Brampton by choice? Or is it a, "Fine, we'll move to Brampton for now."

Does anyone actually live in Brampton by choice? Or is it a, "Fine, we'll move to Brampton for now."

Have lived there for about 40 years....did not move there by choice (was a kid and you sort of go where your parents tell you).....had a brief 2 year period living elswhere around finishing university......have chosen to live there, as have many others, and will likely finish my days there. Not a perfect city/community but way above your mildly insulting question. ;)

Brampton is #1 pick for East Indians. It's probably one of the few places in Canada where newly landed east Indian Immigrants can move to a neighbourhood where everyone speaks Punjabi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back