News   May 03, 2024
 644     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 424     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 223     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Scheer is a lame duck.

Conservatives might be loud in their ill-informed, nasty and bully-like insults of Trudeau, but they are heading for a trouncing in the next election.

The lesson is the only good terrorist is a dead one, 15 or 50 years old

Sorry. Those of us in the military are not in to committing war crimes. I didn't sign up for that.

It's one thing to kill a individual engaging you. It's another to do so when they are unarmed. And I don't know anybody I have served with who would be remotely comfortable with that idea.

Sorry. Those of us in the military are not in to committing war crimes. I didn't sign up for that.

It's one thing to kill a individual engaging you. It's another to do so when they are unarmed. And I don't know anybody I have served with who would be remotely comfortable with that idea.

SO Killing Omar Kadar in battle is fine then?

That is what I meant

Scheer is a lame duck.

Conservatives might be loud in their ill-informed, nasty and bully-like insults of Trudeau, but they are heading for a trouncing in the next election.

More and more seems Bernier was the correct choice for the Tories. He would have boosted the Party in Quebec and seems less of a Harper Like Conservative while Scheer is Harper 2.0.

I do agree Scheer is the totally wrong person to go against Trudeau and as I said Trudeau will be PM till 2024.

Hopefully the NDP can revive a bit and Trudeau can be knocked down to Minority status and be humlbed because Trudeau to me is becoming like Harper and just governing for 40% of his fanbase.

That is why they kept the old electoral system.

I would guess the police would say the same thing.
But after continually being let down by the "system", soldiers and police, at least some of them, will begin to ask - is my job to follow buerocratic rules, or is it to keep people and country safe. If the catch and release policies (and reward if we add Khadr) polices of the criminal courts are applied during war, I can easily understand if soldiers eventually decide not to follow the rules.
How many innocents can be killed with $10.5M?

I would guess the police would say the same thing.
But after continually being let down by the "system", soldiers and police, at least some of them, will begin to ask - is my job to follow buerocratic rules, or is it to keep people and country safe. If the catch and release policies (and reward if we add Khadr) polices of the criminal courts are applied during war, I can easily understand if soldiers eventually decide not to follow the rules.
How many innocents can be killed with $10.5M?

The authority to use deadly force on behalf of the government is derived from "bureaucratic rules" - and rightly so, for obvious reasons. If one felt let down and felt compelled to take the laws into their own hands, one should quit - they are the vessel upon which the powers of the state is vested so that they may carry out lawful orders. Those powers does not empower them to be the final judge of guilt save for extremely limited circumstances.

On another note - perspective from the medic who treated Khadr:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/i-m-on-team-human-now-u-s-vet-says-he-s-glad-he-saved-omar-khadr-1.3516191

AoD

Last edited:
LOL. Cops being let down?

For the most part they are a bunch of thugs more interesting in collecting a large paycheque than public safety. And for the most part they can get away with murder.

I doubt many of them even have an opinion on Khadr.

LOL. Cops being let down?

For the most part they are a bunch of thugs more interesting in collecting a large paycheque than public safety. And for the most part they can get away with murder.

I doubt many of them even have an opinion on Khadr.

That's unfair - the police is maybe a lot less perfect than we hoped, but they definitely aren't "thugs" in a broad brush either.

AoD

That's unfair - the police is maybe a lot less perfect than we hoped, but they definitely aren't "thugs" in a broad brush either.

AoD

I used to think that too.

But after what happened in Durham region and all the other mounting evidence of police heavy handedness and cover-ups I think we can no longer blame 'a few bad apples' on what goes on in our police forces.

I used to think that too.

But after what happened in Durham region and all the other mounting evidence of police heavy handedness and cover-ups I think we can no longer blame 'a few bad apples' on what goes on in our police forces.

More than a few bad apples, but less than a rotten crop.

AoD

Evan Balgord‏@ebalgord
The Conservative's rally against the Khadr settlement has been cancelled following my story that over half of the...

Basically, the CPC had to cancel their rally opposing the Khadr settlement because half of the people who were going to show up had overt white supremacist views. The CPC just learned the hard way that openly courting the bigot vote can backfire badly.

Basically, the CPC had to cancel their rally opposing the Khadr settlement because half of the people who were going to show up had overt white supremacist views. The CPC just learned the hard way that openly courting the bigot vote can backfire badly.

*Blows incessantly on dog whistle*

"Whoa, wait, I wasn't asking all these dogs to come running!"

Back