News   May 21, 2024
 525     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 407     0 

Pickering / Ajax or New market for a semi detached preconstruction

zaindo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ready to move out of Toronto as family is getting bigger. Range is around 325 K max and am looking for a semi detached or even preferably a detached home, My range is around 325-335 K and am wondering what are would be better to look into for new or pre-consturciton homes in this range. Areas of choice could be

- Ajax

- Pickering

- Aurora

- New market

I know the range isnt that high but lets say - if the range is 325 to 335 K what would be the closest vicinity to Toronto where I can potentially buy a new or a preconstruction home for a family of 4. All advise welcome.

Thank You

From your two choices I have to assume you work somewhere fairly central.

Before you decide on either I would very strongly suggest you do do the following first.

Get up early, really really early.
Drive out to Ajax one day and then Newmarket the next. Go have a cofee at Tim Hortons, and wait for the morning rush hour to get under way. Then drive to work.
Repeat this in the afternoon going the opposite direction as if you were going to your imaginary home from work.
Now imagine doing this for the next 30 years or so, knowing that the traffic congestion will get far worst than it is now.

From your two choices I have to assume you work somewhere fairly central.

Before you decide on either I would very strongly suggest you do do the following first.

Get up early, really really early.
Drive out to Ajax one day and then Newmarket the next. Go have a cofee at Tim Hortons, and wait for the morning rush hour to get under way. Then drive to work.
Repeat this in the afternoon going the opposite direction as if you were going to your imaginary home from work.
Now imagine doing this for the next 30 years or so, knowing that the traffic congestion will get far worst than it is now.

Don't forget that GO is a viable alternative to the above providing the OP works in the city.

Back