News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 487     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

I noticed a PATH sign on the Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Lake Shore/Cooper). Does anyone know where that is going to connect to? The closest connection in the West that I know of is RBC WaterPark Place but it's about 500 metres. I suppose CIBC Square is slightly closer but on the other side of the Gardiner.
It will (eventually!!) connect to Pinnacle and then there is a planned bridge connection going under the Gardiner to west side of Yonge just south of the rail berm where it will enter CIBC Square. I have seen renderings here, somewhere.

It will (eventually!!) connect to Pinnacle and then there is a planned bridge connection going under the Gardiner to west side of Yonge just south of the rail berm where it will enter CIBC Square. I have seen renderings here, somewhere.
Surprised the sign is already up if it's not available to use yet. Does anyone know when the PATH at Pinnacle will open then? Guessing the PATH at sugar wharf condos is far off still.

Surprised the sign is already up if it's not available to use yet. Does anyone know when the PATH at Pinnacle will open then? Guessing the PATH at sugar wharf condos is far off still.
It wont be for many years, not until Phase 3 of Pinnacle's development in One Yonge is complete (completion date TBD) and until Phase 2 of Sugar Wharf development is complete (around 2026-2027).

So realistically speaking, I wouldnt expect anything until the late 2020's at the earliest.

Reactions: DSC
In advertising it is always good to stress the positive (PATH connection, in this case) and ignore or downplay the negatives (opening at some unknown but distant date)!

I guess a “path” does connect Sugar Wharf to LCBO/Farm Boy. It’s just not connected to the PATH. Not good for PATH branding in my opinion.

I know that PATH extensions get added here and there whenever new buildings are added, but has there been a more recent version of the 2011 Master Plan Study (here) that shows where the city is trying to promote PATH extension?

To add onto my previous question, there seems to be a lot of locations where PATH connections make sense and there are current construction projects, and yet I cant seem to find anywhere that discusses whether or not they are building it.

For example
  • 160 Front St W (TD Terrace), are they connecting Simcoe Place and the UP Express pathway/Citigroup Place? This seems like a extremely critical connection.
  • 1 Yonge, I know it is being connected, but it is from the bus terminal or RBC WaterPark Place?
  • The Bay Adelaide Centre, I know they are finishing this up and they are planning on renovating the cloud gardens, any plans there?
  • Osgoode subway station, are they finally connecting Osgoode station to the PATH when doing Ontario line work?
  • Forme, are they going to connect to 225 King West across the street and have a PATH connection to the Princess of Wales Theatre?
  • Concord Sky, are they finally going to connect Aura's underground to literally anything else? Will it connect down to 10 Dundas?
  • Once CIBC Square North is done, do they plan on connecting it through One Front into Brookfield Place?
I guess I am just more annoyed that there is little to no communication about a master plan on what upgrades are finally happening (or god forbid a map). Even earlier posts on here seem to have people surprised that new connections are being made and have just opened.

To add onto my previous question, there seems to be a lot of locations where PATH connections make sense and there are current construction projects, and yet I cant seem to find anywhere that discusses whether or not they are building it.

For example
  • 160 Front St W (TD Terrace), are they connecting Simcoe Place and the UP Express pathway/Citigroup Place? This seems like a extremely critical connection. It is already connected to Simcoe Place, not yet open. A link below Front Street wouid be great but there is apparently a huge sewer and nobody is prepared to pay $$$ to move it or go around it. If/when MTCC is rebuilt it might happen, it IS my top wish.
  • 1 Yonge, I know it is being connected, but it is from the bus terminal or RBC WaterPark Place?
  • The Bay Adelaide Centre, I know they are finishing this up and they are planning on renovating the cloud gardens, any plans there? There is a UT thread on this and the answer I got was 'it will be renovated in 2024.'
  • Osgoode subway station, are they finally connecting Osgoode station to the PATH when doing Ontario line work?
  • Forme, are they going to connect to 225 King West across the street and have a PATH connection to the Princess of Wales Theatre?
  • Concord Sky, are they finally going to connect Aura's underground to literally anything else? Will it connect down to 10 Dundas? One day the Delta Hotel (or whatever it is called today) will be redeveloped and I understand it will link to Aura. A link below Yonge is complicated due to subway.
  • Once CIBC Square North is done, do they plan on connecting it through One Front into Brookfield Place? If/when the third tower at Brookfield Place is built, see that thread, I assume the City will try to get them to do this, it would be another useful north-south route.
I guess I am just more annoyed that there is little to no communication about a master plan on what upgrades are finally happening (or god forbid a map). Even earlier posts on here seem to have people surprised that new connections are being made and have just opened.
Here is the link to the City's official map.

See my comments above.

Back