Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I just found out that the buzzer codes for our units have changed, that they now match out unit numbers. Did we get any notification that it was to change? I only found out because I ordered some food and the driver couldn't get a hold of me with the buzzer code I gave.

i saw someone working on it yesterday... but no, i did not receive anything.

The entry code system is being changed to a logical system where each unit's entry code is simply their unit number. That way, whoever is programming it just enters the unit number and edits the name and phone number in the system. The old system was literally all over the place and with the large amount of people coming and going in the building, it was impossible to keep track. We will put something up in the Notice Board shortly advising people of what's going on.

The entry code system is being changed to a logical system where each unit's entry code is simply their unit number. That way, whoever is programming it just enters the unit number and edits the name and phone number in the system. The old system was literally all over the place and with the large amount of people coming and going in the building, it was impossible to keep track. We will put something up in the Notice Board shortly advising people of what's going on.

It would be logical to inform people of the change prior to making the change so people are aware and visitors aren't confused. Furthermore - the privacy issue. Strangers should not be able to see who lives in which unit by simply scrolling through the computer.

i wasn't aware of the change either. Going forward we'll make sure that property management notifies residents prior to any changes.

Furthermore - the privacy issue. Strangers should not be able to see who lives in which unit by simply scrolling through the computer.

+1. The old system seemed fine. If huge buildings with 400+ units can handle random numbers for residents, I'm not sure why this 180 unit building cannot?

I just checked mine and my old code is still there, not my unit number.

Last edited:
The doors have been locked for a long time. I noticed the sign was posted on them last week.
I think it was quite obvious that the floor looked out of whack for months now since the snow cleared up, seems kind of slow getting the ball rolling.

Does anyone know anything about our a/c units? I have the thermostat set to cool but the air conditioning isn't turning on. I checked the breakers, and they weren't tripped. And it was working a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm out of ideas as to what may be wrong.

Am I the only one who has been having short power outages every few days for the past year? They usually happen in the morning around 6-7am, and last only a few seconds. Usually it's not a big deal, but I guess one happened a few days ago and my refrigerator compressor never turned back on (although the light inside worked). Ended up spoiling hundreds of dollars worth of food. Had to turn off the breaker and then back on, and it's working again.

So make sure to check every few days!

Am I the only one who has been having short power outages every few days for the past year? They usually happen in the morning around 6-7am, and last only a few seconds. Usually it's not a big deal, but I guess one happened a few days ago and my refrigerator compressor never turned back on (although the light inside worked). Ended up spoiling hundreds of dollars worth of food. Had to turn off the breaker and then back on, and it's working again.

So make sure to check every few days!

Yeah, I'd say I get a power blip once a month or so? I never notice when it occurs though.
As for checking fridge for operation - I'd think it'd be noticeable from a) no light in the fridge and b) flashing clocks!

Yeah, I'd say I get a power blip once a month or so? I never notice when it occurs though.
As for checking fridge for operation - I'd think it'd be noticeable from a) no light in the fridge and b) flashing clocks!

The lights in the fridge were actually working fine, which is why I didn't notice. I guess the compressor just got 'stuck' and needed a reboot (??). And I stopped setting my clocks months ago as it got annoying to do them every few days... hahah

The lights in the fridge were actually working fine, which is why I didn't notice. I guess the compressor just got 'stuck' and needed a reboot (??). And I stopped setting my clocks months ago as it got annoying to do them every few days... hahah

ahhhh gotcha. makes sense.
I put a digital thermometer in my fridge (cheap one off eBay) a few months ago, so that should let me know if something is off.
Not sure you guys have the same standard appliances I do, but how the hell does the oven know what time it is despite power blips?!?? Only clock in my unit that doesn't reset...(or resets back to the proper time)

On a separate note - is the rooftop patio re-opened yet?

Back