Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Why do we need our filters replaced when the furnaces haven't been used for even a year yet?
And cold temperature alarms?? Aren't those programmed to dial your # or something?

Last edited:
Did anyone else's dial on their space heater get removed?? what the...

Last edited:
Did anyone else's dial on their space heater get removed?? what the...

seriously??!?
That is f-ed up. So Vandyk builds this shitty condo which requires heat to be running (pretty much) outdoors for months at a time. Then to make sure no one turns it down/off they remove the dial???
I'm thinking I should talk to my lawyer. Those are an awful lot of precautions to be taking by them to cover their asses. I'm thinking IF lines freeze and there's damage to any units we can collectively sue Vandyk for this shitty design... particularly in the under one year period.

Thoughts?

I'm calling Skywater now and telling them to abort this "inspection" for my unit until I look into it further.

Last edited:
I emailed Harold about it yesterday and he emailed back with something along the lines of "you don't need to turn it off on warmer days because there is a theromostat built in, so it won't run unless it's cold".

I want to know what temp it runs at and what temp it will stop. But ya, they took it off on purpose for sure, the screw is still on it, so I can still kind of turn it on/off if I tried to. I actually had it off this whole time, so maybe when they saw it was off they removed it on mine. I left a note for them on my counter asking why does it need to be left running if your furnance/hot water is used on a consistent basis? He wrote "in case your furnace or water heater stops working".

Vandyk should not have moved the water heater outside, especially since they went with tankless, could have easily fit in the laundry closet.
I'm surprised building code allowed them to move a water heater outdoors that requires consistent heat in the winter months from a space heater.

Last edited:
I just checked and my knob was removed too. The room was also pretty hot - I'd estimate 20+ degrees - so it seems they turned it all the way up. This was probably to avoid the situations were people were forgetting (or refusing to) turn theirs on, which can cause huge damage.

Yeah, it was a mistake putting them on the balconies IMO but it's too late to change anything now! We'll see in a few days when the Enersource website updates how much the usage changes (I had it about 3/4 on previously)

They shouldn't be removing the dials, that's a little uncalled for.

My unit was also set at like 27 when I got home from work, was a sauna in there, not sure why they had to adjust my room temperature too.
There was a sticker on my theromostat for the company in question.

Does anyone hear what sounds like water dripping in walls/bulkheads when running or draining water from sinks or shower?

Does anyone hear what sounds like water dripping in walls/bulkheads when running or draining water from sinks or shower?

I do - bathroom.
I'd think it's a flushing toilet from the unit above... but it happens once every 2 days or so, and is very loud... I'm pretty sure the toilet gets flushed more than that?

My previous usage so far in December was between 3-7 kWh per day.
Since Tuesday's spaceheater being turned up, it's been 10-14 kWh per day. The bill is going to end up being double the amount after 2 months of this.

My previous usage so far in December was between 3-7 kWh per day.
Since Tuesday's spaceheater being turned up, it's been 10-14 kWh per day. The bill is going to end up being double the amount after 2 months of this.

3-4 months more like it.

Yeah I just meant with the bi-monthly electricity bill.

Did anyone receive a property tax bill yet? Mine is separate from the mortgage and I still haven't received anything, think I remember reading something saying it wouldn't be until the end of the year though.

Last edited:

Back