Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Really? I could have sworn it was just plugged into the outlet in there and tied down... blah.

The power cord for mine just disappears through the drywall. The only thing plugged into the outlet was the water heater.

Ah, maybe it was just the water heater I was thinking of then.

Kind of odd, what happens if the space heater stops working...

Ah, maybe it was just the water heater I was thinking of then.

Kind of odd, what happens if the space heater stops working...

I guess you'd have to hire an electrician who would have to remove drywall...

Anyways, I've found the space heater does seem to have a thermostat. It turns off by itself and it seems to be when it reaches a certain temperature. As soon as you turn it a bit higher, it goes back on. Seems having the knob straight down is decent.. But I don't own a thermometer so I have no idea what temperature the room is.

Yep, twice is the last couple of days and at least once earlier in the week.
Keep waking up to my oven light blinking.

Yep, twice is the last couple of days and at least once earlier in the week.
Keep waking up to my oven light blinking.

yeah, i've been hearing the smoke alarm resetting at night, and clocks reset in morning.
I have a digital thermometer I'm gonna put in that room and monitor it.

I haven't turned my space heater on yet. Went into the room yesterday to take a look around and yeah, the space heater cord disppears into the drywall. Other then the back of the furnance venting to the outside, the room seems pretty insulated.

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking of buying a unit at Park 570 Condos but other things in life happened. I am still in search for a condo/townhouse and with the budget constraint it will probably have to get something like Park 570 structure wise. I was hoping I could ask you kind people living there about the acoustics. I saw some people complain about units beside each other caring acoustics but what about floor to floor?

I had seen this thing go up, and from what I saw it was only wood, there is no concrete slab between the floors. Is that correct? I am assuming beans + plywood (maybe 2 layers?) - cheapest way possible of curse. But how is it in reality? Can you hear your neighbor upstairs walking on your ceilings? Do people have carpets? Right now I live in 40 year old house in the basement - and I know what it is like - just trying to compare to that to see if construction is any better these days, but somehow i doubt it. Wood is wood.

I am assuming if you hear muffled sound from your neighbor then floor to floor foot steps are guaranteed but maybe it is not so bad? Do people have carpets at least?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

I live on the top floor so I can't comment on noise from above, but I've heard others mention water drain noise as the pipes are run through the walls. Standard floors are laminate in living room, tile in kitchen/laundry room/bathroom and carpets in bedrooms/den. The floors feel solid too me, no squeaks or bounciness (except a bit in the hallways).

Other have also mentioned noise from neighbours, but I don't hear anything. Occasionally if someone is blasting music I'll hear the bass, but I don't hear voices or anything through the walls. The entry doors have huge gaps and you can hear anything in the hallway though, but I've pretty much got used to it.

I've been pretty happy with build quality so far, although some of the trades did an awful job (painting mostly). Some of the design features are pretty bad as well (balcony utility rooms, bland depressing hallways, common area carpets etc) but nothing too major.

Last edited:
Clocks flashing again today when I got home. Anyone else?

I suggest you mention it to property management, Harold said nobody else has ever mentioned it to them.

Hey guys, do any of you have quarter round installed, where your wall meets tile? Like in the kitchen or the bathroom? I have it where the laminate meets the wall, but not where there is tile, and I don't think it looks good. It looks messy and unfinished. Marwa keeps saying it's not standard but I was wondering if anyone else has it.

IMG-20131031-00585.jpg
IMG-20131031-00588.jpg
This is what I mean. One photo is from the bathroom and the other the foyer. Not very nice. So if you have quarter round in these spots then so should I. I'll email Marwa again today, with these photos.

Attachments

• IMG-20131031-00585.jpg
    IMG-20131031-00585.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG-20131031-00588.jpg
    IMG-20131031-00588.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 313

Back