Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Thanks for the Bell phone #.
Did anyone get 1 year free from Rogers? I'm hearing different stories. Some were given 6 months and some were given a whole year. What does the contract say?

Thanks for the Bell phone #.
Did anyone get 1 year free from Rogers? I'm hearing different stories. Some were given 6 months and some were given a whole year. What does the contract say?

Sales brochures said it was 1 year but it's actually only 6 months. As per the bill:

May 01 - May 31 Hi-Speed Extreme Plus Unltd $84.99
Savings: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $-74.99
Enhanced Wi-Fi Modem Rental $8.00
Savings: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $-8.00
May 01 - May 31 VIP Ultimate & Movies Package * $144.65
Savings: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $-144.65
Digital Terminal Rental $24.95
Savings: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $-24.95
Digital Services Fee $2.99
Savings: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $-2.99
HDTV Channel Pak $0.00

Other charges and credits
Savings: VIP Ultimate & Movies Package $-32.68
Reversal: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $32.68
May 01 - May 31 Favourites Plan + LD $45.50
Savings: New Home Promo Disc-6 Mths $-45.50
500 North America LD Min $0.00
9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee $0.22
Savings: 9-1-1 Fee $-0.22
Message Relay (TTY) $0.19
Savings: Message Relay Service $-0.19
Standard Long Distance Plan $0.00

Anyone else live on the ground floor, north end? Smelled horribly bad last night, like the worst weed you could possibly smoke. Bleh.

Does anyone know where the party room is? It's not that tiny room between the two patios on the 4th floor is it?

The warranty people have been in my place 3 times now and they fixed some minor things, none of the big stuff.

Does anyone have any updates on mail delivery or the fitness room?

The fitness room was supposed to be done thursday, as they said it would. But I am not sure it is ready today,
Thats all I know

Anyone else live on the ground floor, north end? Smelled horribly bad last night, like the worst weed you could possibly smoke. Bleh.

Does anyone know where the party room is? It's not that tiny room between the two patios on the 4th floor is it?

The warranty people have been in my place 3 times now and they fixed some minor things, none of the big stuff.

Does anyone have any updates on mail delivery or the fitness room?

I live on the ground floor but closer to the elevators... Didn't smell anything last night (but was likely too far away from the source) - That's horrible though!

LadyAslan (or anyone not living on the 4th floor) - Have you had issues with sound traveling from the units above you down to yours? The people above me (on the 2nd floor) play their music really loud on weekends and I'm guessing that they have their speakers sitting right on the floor as I can hear very loud bass thumping (like in a university dorm).

I'm pretty sure that they're simply not aware of what the music sounds like from below :) but I'm gonna have to go talk to them soon (hate to be a nag but what can you do).

They really should have put in better sound proofing between the floors!

Re: mail delivery - I went to Canada Post this morning and the lady told me that the builder had registered for mail delivery and it should be starting in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Yeah, the people above you probably don't even realize how bad it is. Especially if it's a down firing subwoofer. If you talk to them and they aren't creepy or weird, maybe show them what it sounds like from your unit. Also you can recommend something like these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/619665-REG/Auralex_SPEAKERDUDE_HD_SpeakerDudes_HD_Speaker.html

I got them for my tower speakers and a big one for my subwoofer. Not sure if they work but no one has complained yet.

There isn't really anything reasonable the builder could do about the bass frequencies...they go through anything! At least they're only blasting music on weekends though :D I'm sure the parties and stuff will die down as time goes on. The first month or so there were tons of shrill voices screaming til 3-4am in the morning (I leave my windows open)...now, not as bad :D

Last edited:
Tried the gym door when I came home today, but yeah, still not open, heard it was supposed to be today.

Like usual, front doors wide open. The hallways in this place are super humid, not sure if that AC fan on the wall in-front of the elevators is really doing much.
As soon as I step in my unit its a world of a difference.

I think someone once mentioned that their shower diverter leaked when the shower was on. Mine does too, and I was wondering if it was fixed. Plan on putting it on my 30-day list.

Mine does, I put it on my 30 day. Hasn't been fixed yet.
It takes at least 5 mins of running for it to start leaking a lot more, out of all 4 corners, so I am not sure if they noticed it or thought it was fine.
I already replaced the showerhead, but don't really want to replace the rest of that hardware.

The gym needs paper towel dispensers on the wall, spray bottle to wipe down machine and a drinking fountain, so you can refill a bottle.

The gym needs paper towel dispensers on the wall, spray bottle to wipe down machine and a drinking fountain, so you can refill a bottle.

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet - how is it (other than those things) so far? Big enough? Busy?

Back